Sbf on the way

wilboy

Reaction score
It's replaces your current rom(or bricked phones) to it's original stock!

strandedhuman

Reaction score
D2G Dead Battery?

Those of you that have been bricked for a while and are having trouble with the battery being drained, here's what I did to make it work.

As you know you can't charge the battery unless the phone is powered up. If you've been stuck on the M logo for a long time, it drains your battery. My phone has been bricked over a month and my battery was dead. So what I ended up doing was grabbing an extra usb cable I had lying around and cutting it in half (You want the half of the cable that connects to your computer). Now from the spliced end of the cable, expose the black and red cables. The black is (-) negative and the red is (+) positive. Plug the USB side to your computer (make sure none of the exposed cables aren't touching!!! You can damage your computer!!!) Then take the red cable and touch it on the (+)positive terminal of the battery and take the black cable and touch it on the (-)negative terminal. I did this for 2 minutes at a time. After 2 mins I would check with a multimeter how much charge the battery had. I charged mine to about 3.84 volts and that did the trick. I was able to SBF without a problem and now my battery is being charged by the phone.

PLEASE do not over charge your battery! It can explode and cause injury!!! I don't suggest anyone do this without a multimeter. I charged it 4 times at 2 mins each time. So I charged it for about 8mins. Probably safe to charge a totally dead battery for 8 mins.

If you're going to do this, please be careful! There is no overcharge protection! If the battery starts to smoke or if you smell anything, stop immediately. Be smart. Don't leave it charging on it's own. Keep your eye on it for any changes.

Actually, don't do this. Just go out and buy an external charger. :) Don't want the guilt of someone killing their computer or burning their face!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Taken from here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...pt-battery-low-cannot-program.html#post994078

NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE DONE TO ANY PHONE, BATTERY, ETC. FOLLOW THESE STEPS WITH CAUTION TO AVOID RISK OF DAMAGE.

1. Take your cable and cut off one of the ends, leaving a standard USB plug at the opposite end to plug into your computer.

2. Now you need to strip about and inch of the wire off until you get to the core where you should see 4 colored wires (red, black, white, and green). The colors don't really matter and they may vary, just as long as you can see a red wire and a black wire.

3. Strip off about a quarter inch of the rubber sleeving on the red and black cables, exposing the actual metal wire.

4. Twist the metal strands of each of the wires a couple of times so that all of the wires from the black cable are together and all of the wires from the red cable are together. This is just to make sure that you don't create a short circuit.

5. Here's where it gets a little tricky. You are going to use this cable to make the phone think the battery is fully charged, when in fact you will just be powering the phone using the power from the USB port. Pull out the battery on your phone and find the 4 exposed metal slots (the battery terminals).

6. Each of the far terminals should be labeled with a plus (+) or a minus (-). What you need to do is put exposed leads on the red wire up to the positive terminal and the leads of the black wire up to the negative terminal.

With credit to csealpcr for posting it and whoever came up with it in the first place. :D

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Once you get the cable connected to the battery you can pop it back into your phone and power the phone on. As soon as you have the Frankenstein's Monster of a setup made, power the phone on, IMMEDIATELY flash the SBF, and then pull the cable off the battery so you can charge the battery via the USB connection to your computer or wall charger.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can I suggest a safer way....go on amazon or ebay and get you a spare battery charger. I bought that and an extra battery for 15 bucks.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Can I suggest a safer way....go on amazon or ebay and get you a spare battery charger. I bought that and an extra battery for 15 bucks.
Very good idea. And anyone waiting for the free release of the SBF has a couple more days, so in preparation, go that route. :)

wilboy

Reaction score
Those of you that have been bricked for a while and are having trouble with the battery being drained, here's what I did to make it work.

As you know you can't charge the battery unless the phone is powered up. If you've been stuck on the M logo for a long time, it drains your battery. My phone has been bricked over a month and my battery was dead. So what I ended up doing was grabbing an extra usb cable I had lying around and cutting it in half (You want the half of the cable that connects to your computer). Now from the spliced end of the cable, expose the black and red cables. The black is (-) negative and the red is (+) positive. Plug the USB side to your computer (make sure none of the exposed cables aren't touching!!! You can damage your computer!!!) Then take the red cable and touch it on the (+)positive terminal of the battery and take the black cable and touch it on the (-)negative terminal. I did this for 2 minutes at a time. After 2 mins I would check with a multimeter how much charge the battery had. I charged mine to about 3.84 volts and that did the trick. I was able to SBF without a problem and now my battery is being charged by the phone.

PLEASE do not over charge your battery! It can explode and cause injury!!! I don't suggest anyone do this without a multimeter. I charged it 4 times at 2 mins each time. So I charged it for about 8mins. Probably safe to charge a totally dead battery for 8 mins.

If you're going to do this, please be careful! There is no overcharge protection! If the battery starts to smoke or if you smell anything, stop immediately. Be smart. Don't leave it charging on it's own. Keep your eye on it for any changes.

Actually, don't do this. Just go out and buy an external charger. :) Don't want the guilt of someone killing their computer or burning their face!

Yap,it does make sense bro.!Same like i did to my door bell (uses 2 AA bat. 3v).I'm tired of always changing that freaking battery when i saw one adapter w/ multiple output voltage (1.5v-3v-6v..till 9v)on my tools drawer.Now...no worry...it's on AC!! :D

zyx19855

Reaction score
who can share the sbf for D2G, i can't download it ,my D2G has bricked.

MaGiStR

Reaction score
Trying to download TBH app but I do not see it in the market. I am in Europe now.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
chart

Try scanning that. I doubt it'll work, but you never know. You could contact P3Droid via Twitter, perhaps, and ask about a download or how to make a donation to get the app outside of channels, etc.

CellZealot

Reaction score
It shows in the Market for me...not sure why it wouldn't be the same from Europe or most other locations.

If you can't use the downloader then just wait another day or so until it's posted on MDW with links to RSD Lite 4.9 and current drivers.