Gingerbread plus root from...

Appleman1969

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. I did as you suggested but still got the same error. I'm at a loss. Any other ideas? :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

StingRay

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm......

Since the error you're getting specifically references the maps.apk app, there must be something going on with Google Maps...I don't think you're going to be able to load the Gingerbread update until that gets resolved....

My only other suggestion, other than to sbf the 3.8.7 os file to load a clean os on your phone, would be to delete the maps.apk file and reload..... I'm still thinking that the file you currently have is not matching up the way GB thinks it should...

If reloading the file doesn't work you may need to get the 3.8.7 sbf and load on your Pro..(using RSD Light)...I've never done that so won't be able to help any....

Let me know how it goes...

cpc28655

Reaction score
I got everything working smoothly. I just with there was a way to change that notification bar from blue to black.

Appleman1969

Reaction score
Does anyone have a maps.apk file they can provide? I'd like to try that first before reloading 3.8.7 and losing everything.

Appleman1969

Reaction score
I looked at the details of the MAPS.APK file I have. The file version is 5.3.1, the installed version is 5.6.0 and the file size is 6.40 MB.

Would someone mind taking a look at their MAPS.APK file and letting me know the information on their file?

StingRay

Reaction score
I looked at the details of the MAPS.APK file I have. The file version is 5.3.1, the installed version is 5.6.0 and the file size is 6.40 MB.

Would someone mind taking a look at their MAPS.APK file and letting me know the information on their file?

When you get a chance check your inbox...I sent you a PM with a link to different maps versions...

Mine is also at 5.6.0 now...I think what you are needing is whatever version was available when Gingerbread came out....maybe 5.2 or so...

Appleman1969

Reaction score
Thanks! I really appreciate it! I will let you know how things turn out.

;-)

grandamn

Reaction score
I bought the team black hat app and the Droid X bootstrapper.

I download gingerbread parts 1 & 2

I click on bootstrap recovery
>reboot recovery
>install zip from sd card
>choose zip from sd card
>teamblackhat/
>DroidProGB_4.5.1-110_part1.zip

then there a a bunch of No and I click on the "Yes - Install DroidProGB_4.5

I then get the following

Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check
("/system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk". "162b99d1be87da69feef3ea907702c5d218a0aef". "0f55945ab9121f842b0c1b80b86ba7a34750ab53")

E:Error in /sdcard/teamblackhat/DroidProGB_4.5.1-110_part1.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

Please Help!

StingRay

Reaction score
Are you sure you were rooted before installing the TBH Gingerbread parts 1 & 2?

I don't believe there is a Droid Pro walk thru here on droidforums, but you need to root your Pro using the "Aroot" method that is described elsewhere (xda forums)...once you've rooted and installed the Droid2 Bootstrap (not Droid X) you will then be able to update with the TBH rooted Gingerbread (Parts 1 & 2)...

kiwimalayalee

Reaction score
same problem...... :( i get the errors...... status 7
just to make sure.....
which version of rooted android should i be on....?

kiwimalayalee

Reaction score
well....? any help from someone?

edit:got it working finally, did a clean format and then tried the 2 zip files..... it works fine now....
so happy am on a rooted GB... :)

CrackMonkey91

Reaction score
Idk if you still need help but if you have not noticed yet you need the Droid 2 bootstrap not the droid X one.
So get the droid 2 boot strap and do it again and your good to go :)

Sent from my DROID Pro

kiwimalayalee

Reaction score
na, even with the droid 2 bootstrap i was getting a status 7 error, must be something to do with the apps that i had installed previously... so did a clean wipe and then it started working.....

myaswiller

Reaction score
I installed this easily and am running rooted gingerbread (yay!) But a few apps keep force closing. One is actually the social networking widget. It force closes every single time I open it. Anybody else having problems with that? Other than that its great. It was slow the first day but its getting faster.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

kiwimalayalee

Reaction score
i have been experiencing some issues lately.... while typing a message.... i don't seem to see the normal corrections or the predictive words that usually appear.... and thinking y so, i turned the rotate display on, and while typing i dont get to see the touch screen keypad that usually appears on landscape mode.... its just a big rectangular box that fills the screen where we get to see what gets typed in..... its just been 2 days.... and i have been using rooted GB for over a month now..... i tried restarting the phone and still no change.....
i think my option would be to go ahead wit the factory reset data...but would this remove my root access?