Gingerbread plus root from...

r3j2

Reaction score
So excited for this. Glad we are still getting some hacker love, even if it is just root.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

StingRay

Reaction score
Flash

Just downloaded myself...not sure how to install the part 1 & part 2 zip files..

Let me know if you can assist...thnx!

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

flash24

Reaction score
Woo hoo! Loaded Gingerbread successfully.

Using THB, download part 1 and 2. Then boot to recovery, look for teamblackhat and install part 1, then it will ask you to install part 2. Reboot and you are good to go.

Installation took a little while but it is worth the wait. Gingerbread is a beauty!

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

StingRay

Reaction score
Awesome... thought that might be it but haven't done much recovery work in a while since I've had my Pro... thanks!

flash24

Reaction score
I used Droid2 Bootstrap to get to recovery, it works great. You can find it on the market.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

google123

Reaction score
Is there some download links or something? I can't view anything twitter related at work. Its all blocked. I would also like gingerbread on my Pro but the OTA hasn't shown up yet. Thanks.

StingRay

Reaction score
Is there some download links or something? I can't view anything twitter related at work. Its all blocked. I would also like gingerbread on my Pro but the OTA hasn't shown up yet. Thanks.

P3Droid has created a Rooted Gingerbread update...you have to download (pay) to get the Team Black Hat (TBH) app and install on your Pro, then download 2 zip files through the app...google Team Black Hat store and you should be able to find..then look for TBH app ($2.99)....you can pay thru Paypal, install TBH app, then using wifi you can see available files for the Droid Pro...Gingerbread is in 2 zip downloadable files...

You then install part 1 then part 2 through CW/Bootstrap recovery...just finished myself...

Since this is rooted GB, you can stay rooted, but my first try to update failed because I didn't have the original music.apk...had luckily renamed to .bak, so I restored and install went fine afterward...

jhalsey205

Reaction score
Successfully installed rooted gingerbread app! Great timing as I had installed the same on my wife's droidx and was really suffering a little gingerbread envy. P3 rocks

jwgraves

Reaction score

P3Droid has created a Rooted Gingerbread update...you have to download (pay) to get the Team Black Hat (TBH) app and install on your Pro, then download 2 zip files through the app...google Team Black Hat store and you should be able to find..then look for TBH app ($2.99)....you can pay thru Paypal, install TBH app, then using wifi you can see available files for the Droid Pro...Gingerbread is in 2 zip downloadable files...

You then install part 1 then part 2 through CW/Bootstrap recovery...just finished myself...

Since this is rooted GB, you can stay rooted, but my first try to update failed because I didn't have the original music.apk...had luckily renamed to .bak, so I restored and install went fine afterward...

installed TBH and just about to download the 2 zip files but before I do...how do I boot to recovery (seen it mentioned alot around here but I've never actually done it before)?

and one more question....these two files that TBH downloaded to my SDCARD, do I open up these zip files and execute them from my PC? I've never opened up zip files directly on my droid before, so this part sort of confused me.

jwgraves

Reaction score
Done!

Installed TBH, cost: $2.99.
Installed D2 Bootstrapper, cost: $2.99.

Installed Rooted Gingerbread on my Droid PRO: Priceless.