Sbf on the way

CellZealot

Reaction score
In most cases the system only file will recover most soft bricked phones but either is safe to use.
The full version will flash the radio and require *228 activation aftreward.

tebower

Reaction score
If you flash an older SF file, wouldn't you just get the OTA update notification when you turn it on?

tecwizrd

Reaction score
I never got the OTA. I flashed Fission ROM before the update. I figure the best of the OTA will get rolled into Fission and others in the near future. I have not experienced the issues the update was supposed to take care of, I think. I was regretting the Droid2 purchase a little, until I flashed it with the Fission ROM. That made all the difference in the world. Anyway I only want the SBF in case I have a hardware failure and need to use the warranty. Thanks for the clarification on the FSB.

--> Tebower, I had the same thoughts.

CellZealot

Reaction score
We haven't tested whether or not the 2.4.33 can be reverted via flashing the 2.4.29 SBF or other means yet. Given recent history with other devices, we may assume you cannot flash back to any prior version once you have taken the OTA update to 2.4.33.

You will be stuck in bootloader until that SBF file is released.

That should be sooner rather than later but we do not know for certain when that might be.

OP
D
Reaction score
I used the sbf on the update and got a bootloop but I went into normal recovery and wiped data and cache and it booted up

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

CellZealot

Reaction score
Excellent info thanks! If that is the case then anyone can use this file safely if they factory reset after the flash.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yea I was pretty worried when it happened but I just decided to give it a try and wiped and it turned right on

leobg

Reaction score
Yea I was pretty worried when it happened but I just decided to give it a try and wiped and it turned right on

So you were on 2.4.330 and flashed the 2.4.29 SBF just fine? Were you able to update to 2.4.330 afterwards (apply the Dec 2010 OTA update again?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I used the sbf on the update and got a bootloop but I went into normal recovery and wiped data and cache and it booted up

Way to take one for the team!

So glad it's working for you!

OP
D
Reaction score
Didn't try the update again I'm on fission now.

CellZealot

Reaction score
The 2.4.29 SBF is confirmed to be safe to revert from 2.4.33. There is no reason why the OTA update would not take after flashing the full SBF.