P3Droid tweet regarding updates.

Tonik

Reaction score
This is from his tweet stream, about an hour ago as of this posting. I know nothing more than what it says in the tweet. My guess is he could very well be talking about the Bionic, he has been working hard on that one for awhile and we are due any second now for a soak test.

P3Droid
Service Announcement: Don't take any moto updates the root path has been patched !!! You've been warned.
35 minutes ago

ripper2860

Reaction score
I suspect its pretty much every current moto phone. I suspected that would happen given reports of a leaked. 894 patch killing root and breaking forever root.

Now the issue becomes take the update and lose root for the radio and camera fix, go with the leaked .893 forever root compatible firmware and stray off the official OTA path , or wait for a new root process to counter moto and then take the update?

I'm REALLY starting to get PISSED OFF!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
T

Tonik

Reaction score
Now the issue becomes take the update and lose root for the radio and camera fix, go with the leaked. 893 and stray off the official OTA path , or wait for a new root process to counter moto a nd then take the update?

That describes the situation very well. I went with the 893 leak and am very happy. I hope that is enough to block the official OTA. If it isn't I am open to suggestions to block it. I intend to sit on 893 until the dev's counter moto.

OP
T

Tonik

Reaction score
You can use TiBu Pro to freeze the updater.

But of course. This shows why you are a Droid Ninja, and I am only a Junior Droid. Appreciate the reminder, I am good to go now! :icon_ banana:

mcgrunt42

Reaction score
What is the name of the process to freeze to stop updates. Also I was under the impression that if you have the leaked update it wouldn't pick up or download the official updates. Is this wrong?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
T

Tonik

Reaction score
What is the name of the process to freeze to stop updates. Also I was under the impression that if you have the leaked update it wouldn't pick up or download the official updates. Is this wrong?

updater 2.3.4 Not sure 100 percent sure on your other question but I believe that if your apps and system files are all in the right place you will get the update. I don't think it checks for versions. But that is just my general impression reading the internets, I do not know first hand.

alienware777

Reaction score
How does it block it forever? Can't you just sbf back to an earlier version then root?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ex0rcist

Reaction score
How does it block it forever? Can't you just sbf back to an earlier version then root?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Also my thoughts.. but does the ota force update? I cant loose root... so should i be wary of a auto update? My bionic is my internet.. for the time being
...ty ahead of time

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ripper2860

Reaction score
Also my thoughts.. but does the ota force update? I cant loose root... so should i be wary of a auto update? My bionic is my internet.. for the time being
...ty ahead of time

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

If they killed root via a kernel modification, then you probably cannot SBF back since you can't roll-back kernel. If it's a SYSTEM partition change then yes, but we don't really know what is breaking and preventing root yet.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
excorcist

For internet from the bionic IF and a big IF here.. we get a pushed auto-update, and lose root. PDAnet and some other paid apps allow USB tether. You can then broadcast a wi-fi from your PC for your household. I forgot what the program was for that though.. if I remember I'll pm you, it was free and you could set passwords and all that stuff. May be able to just google wifi broadcast PC and find it. (I used this method on my D1 to tether the wii since it could not connect to an Ad-HOC that the D1 broadcasts