Beware!! 1 hour ago tweet!

konellaz

Reaction score
@P3Droid: Service Announcement: Don't take any moto updates the root path has been patched !!! You've been warned.
Shared via TweetCaster

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mikespe

Reaction score
I saw this while reviewing my Twitter account a few minutes ago. I think he means the 894 update which is known to break root...I stopped at 893 and things are great! I'm really only using root for tethering anyway...

OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
I saw this while reviewing my Twitter account a few minutes ago. I think he means the 894 update which is known to break root...I stopped at 893 and things are great! I'm really only using root for tethering anyway...

I was wondering.. I'm just going to follow the devs in here and on rootzwiki how to update after .7.893

ex0rcist

Reaction score

Someone should ask him. Cuz.. i need my root. Course i havent been dropping data...so maybe ill just stay stock. Anyone get soak test yet?

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Day,

No, not necessarily. I think the forever root is a few lines of code added to a system file (a file on the system partition). If the OTA replaces this file in the system subdirectory, this hack will be gone. It could also be wiped out by the OTA if the actual hack methodology is modified by the OTA.

The 94 OTA update test breaks the root, but we do not know whether the final OTA will do the same. P3 seems to have the goods to say it is so, so I would bet 100% that it is so. One thing to bear in mind is that we will likley not hear more on any workaround until the OTA is upon us. Any new root methods or modifications of the OTA file (if anyone truely has this) will likley not be divulged to keep Moto from making any last minute changes.

Craig

Dayhve

Reaction score
Good to know!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

MadBlackLady

Reaction score
@P3Droid: Service Announcement: Don't take any moto updates the root path has been patched !!! You've been warned.
Shared via TweetCaster

Motherfu$@er!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums