Getting "Whoops! You already tweeted that." over and over and over on my Droid 4

BigRedEO

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you Droid 4 users have had this happen. I sent out a combination Facebook status update and Tweet simultaneously via test message as I've done for years. I sent it out this afternoon using my Facebook e-mail for status updates and the 40404 number for Twitter. Since that text/tweet, I have been getting "Whoops! You already tweeted that." sent to me as a text message about every 30 seconds, over and over and over. I have rebooted the phone several times. I tried sending one more tweet via text message to see if that might stop it. Cleared the cache on both the Twitter app and Texting app, uninstalled Twitter and reinstalled it. I called Verizon and they said they are not seeing any text messages coming from my phone since that tweet, so the Twitter server is sending this message to me ad nauseum.

Has anyone had this happen or heard about it? What the heck and how do I stop it???

Suzzette

Reaction score
Yes! I am suffering this exact issue! FUNNY, I JUST UPDATED my phone...does that matter? Any help to stop this would be awesome. Please and Thank You!

OP
B

BigRedEO

Reaction score
Yes! I am suffering this exact issue! FUNNY, I JUST UPDATED my phone...does that matter? Any help to stop this would be awesome. Please and Thank You!

Turns out we're not the only ones. I got a reply from someone at a Twitter Support Forum having the same problem. We even tried sending STOP via text and that signed us out of Twitter via text then signed us up with new Twitter account names and CONTINUED to then keep sending us the "Whoops! You already tweeted that!" It's making me INSANE.