Giingerbread OTA leak

david14807

Reaction score
I recently installed a Gingerbread leak.

My apps now tell me I don't have root.

I have run Unrevoked3 but it tells me it can’t root the phone and asks if the firmware is to new.

I cant get to my backups through recovery, the phone shows a phone with a red triangle and !.

Any ideas on how to get my root back?

The ROM is very snappy but prefer MIUI.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you installed the leaked OTA you no longer have root. Did you do that or install a Gingerbread ROM? In other words, what exactly did you install?

OP
D

david14807

Reaction score
If you installed the leaked OTA you no longer have root. Did you do that or install a Gingerbread ROM? In other words, what exactly did you install?

I installed PB31IMG?

Phone says i have Android version 2.3.4

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You should have read more carefully. It clearly says in the first paragraph- and I quote- You will also lose root access if you had it before this upgrade.

You're out of luck until someone comes up with a way to root Gingerbread on an Inc 1. Until then you're stuck. Sorry.

OP
D

david14807

Reaction score
You should have read more carefully. It clearly says in the first paragraph- and I quote- You will also lose root access if you had it before this upgrade.

You're out of luck until someone comes up with a way to root Gingerbread on an Inc 1. Until then you're stuck. Sorry.

Crap. you're right, thanks for your help.

rlacrossjr

Reaction score
Crap. you're right, thanks for your help.

Your not out of luck if you left S-off if you still have S-off then go to doug piston Inc. Recoveries | doug piston download clockworkmod 3.0.0.8 rename just PB31IMG.ZIP then flash it in hboot like you did the rom. Then download the newest superuser by rom manager then reboot into recovery manually wont work if you try in rom manager then install.(sdcard/clockwordmod/download/downlads.androidsu.com/superuser/ its there) You are now rooted. This is where I got info for this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1227791

If that don't work of here How to get back to complete stock from s-off and you can download PB31IMG for the 2.2 stock version then run unrevoked.

Last edited:
OP
D

david14807

Reaction score
Your not out of luck if you left S-off if you still have S-off then go to doug piston Inc. Recoveries | doug piston download clockworkmod 3.0.0.8 rename just PB31IMG.ZIP then flash it in hboot like you did the rom. Then download the newest superuser by rom manager then reboot into recovery manually wont work if you try in rom manager then install.(sdcard/clockwordmod/download/downlads.androidsu.com/superuser/ its there) You are now rooted. This is where I got info for this Verified, ran August GB RUU and phone re-rooted - xda-developers

If that don't work of here How to get back to complete stock from s-off and you can download PB31IMG for the 2.2 stock version then run unrevoked.

IT WORKED!!!

Thank you, I was able to get my DROID back.

rlacrossjr

Reaction score
IT WORKED!!!

Thank you, I was able to get my DROID back.

No problem.. before people say no they need to research. Also it was found that the to OTA's are the same besides two line's of code and radio. So it's just another leak, htc pulled do to issue's.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

DINCman

Reaction score
I did this all yesterday and it worked and I got root access. But when I woke up today and tried to get Titanium Backup it said I didn't have root access, so I downloaded a root checker and it confirmed that I was missing root access. All the root apps I downloaded yesterday (such as wireless tether) still work as if I'm rooted but I can't download any new root apps. I checked and busybox is installed correctly. Any ideas?

rlacrossjr

Reaction score
I did this all yesterday and it worked and I got root access. But when I woke up today and tried to get Titanium Backup it said I didn't have root access, so I downloaded a root checker and it confirmed that I was missing root access. All the root apps I downloaded yesterday (such as wireless tether) still work as if I'm rooted but I can't download any new root apps. I checked and busybox is installed correctly. Any ideas?

Verizon blocks root apps in market. Need a hacked market or download of forums

DINCman

Reaction score
that's not my problem, I can download apps like Titanium Backup but when I run them they say I don't have root access

rlacrossjr

Reaction score
that's not my problem, I can download apps like Titanium Backup but when I run them they say I don't have root access

Try updating your superuser. Rom manager app under extras superuser v3