Wireless tether?!

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
For some odd reason, I can't get Barnacle or Wireless Tether for Root Users to work... Both broadcast an Ad-Hoc wireless network, but neither will actually put my computer, iPod, etc. through to the internet.

Someone else on droidforums had this problem, the thread didn't show a solution to said problem, so here I am haha.

I used Unrevoked3 on both of my Droid Incredible's same issue on both phones.

Other root required apps will work, though.

I'm running the latest 3.21 (or something like that?) update, Android 2.2.

So any ideas?

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
And how would I make another Droid Incredible connect to the one with Barnacle or Wireless Tether for Root Users? It doesn't actually recognize ad-hoc....

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
well i got it to work.. sort of.

Thanks guys lol

Anyway, I had to install an unofficial version of the app from the Wireless Tether for Root Users page on code.google.com

The only one I got to work was the one uploaded a few days ago, the second one from the top for those of you with the problem

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Oh and for some odd reason I had to connect my iPod Touch to my Droid before it would let me connect to my computer.... Weird...

Goatastic

Reaction score
Glad to see you got it figured out for the most part. I was going to suggest that you use barnacles custom wifi settings. I got it working by checking the "skip wpa_supplicant" check box.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I wish I could use Barnacle, I prefer it over Wireless Tether for Android, it lets you use SSID's with spaces and special characters, and it looks better lol

So I think I'll try the many recommended solutions for getting Barnacle to work as listed in this link:

Barnacle Wifi tether - connected but no internet access [Archive] - xda-developers

You ever lose 3G in like a loop before?

Happened with my Droid X- and Incredible just a little while ago, but so far its good.