Computer internet through DINC

craeat

Reaction score
I am wanting to get the internet through my DINC on my computer without paying for the verizon mobile. I have sean people talk about it here on the forums and understand I have to root the phone.

I am new to this so i want to do it right.

Do I just have to do the install of unrevoked3 from http://unrevoked.com/#inc

After that do I need to install anything else or what settings do I need to change to unlock the internet tether?

Also after I install unrevoked3 will I still get the OTA updates and will a OTA update require me to reinstall unrevoked3.

Also I saw unrevoked3 talked about an entiree backup of the phone. Where can I find out more info on that.

Guess this turned into more than just the subject. I have been researching this and have not found answers to these and I dont want to brick my DINC because this is my first time.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

droidjeg

Reaction score
You can dl pdanet or easy tether and that doesn't req a root. They are in the market

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

pabtheghost

Reaction score
sorry for my bad manners... i should have thanked you sooner. YOU ****ING ROCK!

awesome tip man... that was pretty much the only reason i wanted to root my phone at the moment, so i guess i now have another month or so before i get bored with the limits on what my droid can do, and push the limits of what my droid does :p

mark-in-dallas

Reaction score

awesome tip man... that was pretty much the only reason i wanted to root my phone at the moment, so i guess i now have another month or so before i get bored with the limits on what my droid can do, and push the limits of what my droid does :p

No Problem, I got it from someone else, somewhere, tried it and it worked, and just passed it along.

That was the main reason I rooted my phone too, and I could never get any version of wireless tether to work. I could get connected, but never got internet access.

But, I'm having a lot of fun playing around with different ROM's too now. :)

Cobraxxx

Reaction score
Those are great steps, I have been using them, and had to do it again after the NOV OTA. Save them because as soon as the forums moderator see this thread they will delete it, lol...just like they had done every single time when this comes up, because hacking is illegal, lol...at least that's what they said on the thread I opened.

Last edited by a moderator:

mark-in-dallas

Reaction score
Damn, my first post and its one that's unacceptable. My bad. Sorry mods, it won't happen again.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hackings not illegal but stealing is. Directions on hacking the mobile hotspot are not allowed on DF. Same as getting paid apps for free.

Marco Montana

Reaction score

Yep, I had a Blackberry and had to pay $24.99 for tether to get internet on my netbook. But the Droid gives the app for free. Keep in mind you could purchase the pro version for like $4 dollars and keeps the developer happy.:)

I rooted my Droid Inc. for wifi tether and its sick awesome, I had 3 laptops connected just for giggles the other day and ppl were like WOW all from your phone?

I was like YEP! Droid Does!dancedroid