Clockwork Mod Through mac

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
So i rooted my droid incredible on my mac using the unrevoked3 program, then i did a NAND backup and saved it to my sd card in case i screw anything up while trying to mess around with my newly gained root access. Now i want to delete some of the useless stock apps and set up adfree, which is done by booting into recovery, selecting partitions menu, then selection mount /system. i have done all this. but now i need to be able to type things in to run the commands necessary to delete the apps i want. according to the directions, your supposed to run adb shell in command prompt. what is the equivalent of this on mac? i tried to run it in terminal, but it didnt do anything. i do have parallels with linux ubuntu installed as well as windows 7, so i do have that option as well if that is any simpler. is there a way i can run these commands in recovery directly on the phone using the soft keyboard instead of running them through command prompt on my computer? thanks :)

SDI

Reaction score
So i rooted my droid incredible on my mac using the unrevoked3 program, then i did a NAND backup and saved it to my sd card in case i screw anything up while trying to mess around with my newly gained root access. Now i want to delete some of the useless stock apps and set up adfree, which is done by booting into recovery, selecting partitions menu, then selection mount /system. i have done all this. but now i need to be able to type things in to run the commands necessary to delete the apps i want. according to the directions, your supposed to run adb shell in command prompt. what is the equivalent of this on mac? i tried to run it in terminal, but it didnt do anything. i do have parallels with linux ubuntu installed as well as windows 7, so i do have that option as well if that is any simpler. is there a way i can run these commands in recovery directly on the phone using the soft keyboard instead of running them through command prompt on my computer? thanks :)

I havent tried it yet, but have you tried root manager? I know on my moto driod i could delete useless apps using that.

OP
S

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
root manager doesnt work on incredible, and terminal emulator didnt do much either. i can easily get through all the steps with either unrevoked reflash on my computer, or rom manager on my phone, but it doesnt no good cause i have to way to type in commands

OP
S

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
anybody know a simple way i can access my phone through terminal in mac so i can delete apps and do the battery reconfigure thing and setup ad free android?

criDikal

Reaction score
You would use the terminal.

Navigate to the sdk/tools folder in the terminal.

run "./adb shell" (no quotes)

All of your adb commands need to be prefixed with ./

OP
S

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
ok so i've navigated to the sdk folder, what file do i need to run? i tried ./adb shell but it says no such file or directory

OP
S

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
got it :) thanks. took a lot of messing around and still is kinda hazy for me but ill mess around with it some more tonight. i got city id deleted :)

OP
S

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
go it working :) if anybody wants to access their incredible on mac, heres what worked for me:
1. boot phone into recovery
2. select partitions
3. select mount system
4. connect phone
(i had my sdk folder saved on my desktop so thats why this is the way it is, the next step is basically to just navigate to your tools folder in your sdk folder)
5. in terminal, type
cd desktop
cd sdk
cd tools

6. then just type ./adb shell

then your in :)