stuck in "waiting for bootloader"

3dogMcNeill

Reaction score
Trying to root my Incredible using jonamerica's instructions. Unrevoked3 appears to be getting stuck. It will run through the HBoot updates and show that everything is "ok" and then the phone will cycle through one reboot. After rebooting, it's like my phone is stock again, including having to go through the setup screen. Also, the Superuser is not in apps. What do I do now?

HBoot says" no image or wrong image!" and phone is still S-ON

smtom

Reaction score
Uninstalling dropbox, if present, helps.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP

3dogMcNeill

Reaction score
Thanks. I ended up doing a factory reset (I was rooted several months ago but unrooted b/c phone kept restarting a couple times/day). I'd like to root again and will follow the directions you linked to.

ppham211

Reaction score
How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

step 2 says Be patient! The process involves several (4) reboots and some long periods of apparent inactivity. Let it go. Wait for at least 5 minutes before deciding it has become stuck.

after i run reflash the phone goes to homescreen. does the direction mean i should turn off the phone and reboot again? 4 times? if so, do i click FASTBOOT>BOOTLOADER or FASTBOOT>REBOOT or FASTBOOT>REBOOT BOOTLOADER?

unrevoked screen is still stuck at "waiting for reboot"

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

step 2 says Be patient! The process involves several (4) reboots and some long periods of apparent inactivity. Let it go. Wait for at least 5 minutes before deciding it has become stuck.

after i run reflash the phone goes to homescreen. does the direction mean i should turn off the phone and reboot again? 4 times? if so, do i click FASTBOOT>BOOTLOADER or FASTBOOT>REBOOT or FASTBOOT>REBOOT BOOTLOADER?

unrevoked screen is still stuck at "waiting for reboot"

No, you don't reboot the phone. Just let it sit and wait for at least 5 minutes while it's doing its thing.