Rooted yet not rooted? HELP!!!

DINCman

Reaction score
I rooted my droid incredible today with Unrevoked3 and everything went smoothly, I checked the phone in HBOOT and it says S-OFF (which means it's rooted, right?) when I rebooted and tried to use a root app it said I didn't have root access. I downloaded Root Checker and it said I wasn't rooted. What's wrong with my phone? HELP!

TehLizard

Reaction score
Try running the program one more time. You might have skipped a step. If you have terminal you can type in "su" and you should be able to access the su root folders. Another thing is, you should have the superuser app in your app drawer. Might just need to go into it and turn on su.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
D

DINCman

Reaction score
I tried running Unrevoked again and it says Error: failed to get root. Is your firmware too new? I have superuser installed (from a previous root) how do I turn su on? Also what is terminal? Thanks.

sjpritch25

Reaction score
I tried running Unrevoked again and it says Error: failed to get root. Is your firmware too new? I have superuser installed (from a previous root) how do I turn su on? Also what is terminal? Thanks.
Is this after you ran unrevoked or a previous root?
How did you root before? Curious why you would need to root again?

4W3S0M3

Reaction score
I had the same exact problem...reboot to recovery do a full system/cache wipe and a dalvik wipe like 2 or 3 times alternating from one to the other each time, then reflash miui n "vwaah laah" (hopefully for ur sake lol)

"its only after we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything"