Problem with recovery

Dizzy_

Reaction score
I just flashed the Cyanogenmod Rom on my Incredible, but I prefer just the stock rom that is rooted. I was trying to go back to that by going into recovery in HBOOT. Since I have an SLCD I am having issues with the recovery image.

I tried to use the custom image that was noted in the rooting tutorial by putting on my SD card, but that doesn't seem to be working. I have formatted the card to FAT32, but when I boot into HBOOT all it does is scan the SD card and say "No image found".

So right now I am pretty much stuck at the HBOOT screen, and if I try to normally boot I get stuck at the HTC Incredible splash screen. I am at a loss as to what I should do now. I have been searching for the past couple of hours to no avail. I figured I would post this in the mean time while I try to look for more solutions.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I look forward to being able to enjoy my phone again.

Almagest

Reaction score
What did you root your phone with? Was it unrevoked? If so your supposed to flash that zip file with the unrevoked program. Start up unrevoked with out your phone plugged to the computer. Go to options and choose custom recovery, I think that's what its called. Choose the file from where ever you have it and then plug your phone in. It will flash and you will be able to go to your recovery screen.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
D

Dizzy_

Reaction score
Yes, I rooted with Unrevoked. However, since I can only boot into the HBOOT screen I can't access the phone's settings to put it into USB debugging. That's why I was trying the SD card method.

I found some info about using the Android SDK for the davlik debug monitor, but I can't seem to install the SDK because the program is not looking for Java JDK in the right place in the registry. If someone could tell me how to move that registry branch I would greatly appreciate it.

sunder74

Reaction score
Some Help...

Hi

I had a similar issue with my recovery after updating to the latest ClockWorkMod Rom Manager. What I did was went to xda (the incredible formus) and downloaded an alternate recovery (BAMod based off Koush's most recent code) which is for the slcd Incredible. Downloaded said file put it on my desktop renamed it PB31IMG and re did unrevoked(select custom recovery prior to connecting your phone.) It worked for me. Also fyi for all the slcd people unrevoked is working on a SLCD recovery as well. Hope this helps.

Yes, I rooted with Unrevoked. However, since I can only boot into the HBOOT screen I can't access the phone's settings to put it into USB debugging. That's why I was trying the SD card method.

I found some info about using the Android SDK for the davlik debug monitor, but I can't seem to install the SDK because the program is not looking for Java JDK in the right place in the registry. If someone could tell me how to move that registry branch I would greatly appreciate it.

OP
D

Dizzy_

Reaction score
Ok, so I received some advice about using the SD card method. It turns out that some SD cards don't work with recovery. I put in the stock SD card that came with the phone, instead of the 4gb I had in and it worked.