Getting a Nexus

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello. I'm coming from a Resound, but I've been having so many problems that I asked about getting a different phone. They gave me the option of a razr or a nexus. Definitely didn't want the razr, so here I am.

Is there anything I should know or be on the lookout for with these?

Thanx,
Justin

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Congrats and have fun trying not to become a flash-aholic. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Comp625

Reaction score
I am a newly and proud owner of the G'Nex myself. 1 day old and counting. Came from the HTC Thunderbolt. WHAT-AN-UPGRADE! :D

Here's what I've learned so far.

- AOKP 4.2 on the G'Nex is AWESOME! I could be wrong but I think the ROM tweaks the screen colors and speakerphone levels - two issues that people commonly complain about.
- Battery life seems sketchy. My 1850mah Samsung battery barely lasted half a day. Definitely pickup a spare and a charger that will also externally charge a battery.
- I'm not sure if you were running Sense on the Rezound, but the pure Google Experience is wonderful. It truly made me realize how dull and restricting the Apple interface feels.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome aboard to you both.. Nexus is solid.. Love my crackflashing habits.. Good idea on spare battery.. I believe in using my phones..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

OP
V

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I was running Sense, both HTC version and sense based rom. I'm so excited for a pure OS. The Rezound I dropped about 1% every minute, so it can't be worse than that.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Comp625

Reaction score
I wish more phones ran pure, or at the very least, a manufacturer-specific overlay that's closer to the Google Experience (a la modern Touchwiz fits the bill). Even the newer Sense seems clunky and slow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2