get a phone now or wait?

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
im currently able to upgrade my phone and im deciding between the droid x and the fascinate, leaning towards the droid x most likely. but i was wondering do you think i should wait a couple months for a newer phone? ive been hearing rumors about a droid pro and a htc evo lookalike/ slider.

so what do you guys think? is these new phones worth the wait?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would wait, bigger and better things are right around the corner...but that's easy for me to say because I already have a Dominate Android Device, what phone do you have now ?

Jejackson

Reaction score
For sure wait, 2.2 is going to be outdated by thanksgiving. Android 3.0 will be out as well as phones with higher hardware specs. If your going to be locked into 2 years again you might as well get a phone that will be future proof. Who knows if any current phone will get the 3.0 upgrade, its a major overhaul of the OS.

Also if you have a little cash to spend and want a droid phone, look on craigslist. There are several droids for sell and if you do a little searching you can find a great price

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Like others have said. Just wait. Im happy with my phone (droid 1), and it already does everything I need it to and more. And there are tons of ROMs, and themes for it.

Just remember there is always the "latest and greatest" ....so even if you buy one now...it wont be the latest and greatest for much longer...then what?....you gonna want to get the next one too? Its great marketing...I wont lie, because I was tempted to get the facinate when I played with it...and I loved the dx too, but...when I get home and play with what I have and flash all kinds of awesomeness on it...I got to bed with a smile on my face.

**my droid 1 sits on the nightstand wispering...play with me yak, play with meeeeeee. dancedroid

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'd also wait. I'm still on a D1 and happy with it. I'd need something much better than what I currently have to make me use up my renew. I don't really see it out there yet.

FootballRef

Reaction score
you might as well get a phone that will be future proof.
there is no such thing when it comes to electronics

Back to the OP. It is up to you. When I bought something I would definitely go with the best phone you can afford. I wouldn't wait real long, as soon as you do there will be something else just around the corner.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
BTW by Dominate Android Device, I meant the Original Droid :)

shanewprice

Reaction score
The only bad thing about waiting is that with current technology there is always a new or better Android device right around the corner. It is something you simply cannot get away from. You can certainly wait and get something with even crazier specs in two or three months, but once that happens, they will release something else shortly thereafter that would make you wish that you had waited. I am looking at the Samsung Fascinate myself at the moment.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would wait just to have more choices. Oct is almost here. I've mentioned lately that if one doesnt get a phone by Oct, u might as well wait.....just to have more choices.

OP
S

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
yea i wouldnt normally wait but ive been hearing only a month or two. and right now i have the samsung alias, if you know wat that is. it flips both ways and the keypad changes and stuff. its cool but i only txt and call with it. and its getting outdated...

and is it jsut me or is motorola updating their phones crazy fast these days? well from droid 1 to dx it took some time. but rite after dx, d2 came out and then r2d2 version and a droid pro sometime soon? thats soo often...

also who do u guys think makes better phones htc or motorola? and are htc phones easily rooted like samsungs?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
See every other "Should I wait?" thread...

As others have stated, there's always something newer around the corner.

and is it jsut me or is motorola updating their phones crazy fast these days? well from droid 1 to dx it took some time. but rite after dx, d2 came out and then r2d2 version and a droid pro sometime soon? thats soo often...
Doesn't really matter to me. IMO they're incremental upgrades from my Droid. Once something drastically better (LTE, 2+ GHz, multiple cores, etc) is released, I'll consider upgrading.