Verizon Decision... Nexus, Maxx or wait..

mixn123

Reaction score
Currently a Droid X owner on Verizon (staying on network btw)...

I'm eligible for an upgrade - and an additional loyalty upgrade come May (whatever that is) - I'm deciding between the Nexus or Maxx or even waiting longer for what's coming out the next couple months...

I think i'm leaning Nexus but am considering waiting...

Any word about what's due out the next month or two and is it worth hanging on until then?

Thanks for any opinions.

huskur

Reaction score
Personally i would get the Nexus or Maxx. (Maxx is a great phone, I have it and love it!!) The Moto Razr Maxx would my choice. Here is my analogy----Get your upgrade. If something else comes out you like you can buy it outright and offset your cost by selling the phone you got from your upgrade.

t35rk

Reaction score
The Incredible 3 is due out at the end of April. May come with ICS and the newest version of sense.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Spartans_08

Reaction score
I had the bionic before getting a nexus and the nexus is a lot better of a phone. The thing you want to look at is, are you going to root and mess with roms? If so, the nexus is your phone...if not the maxx is going to have a lot better battery life but who knows when ics (official) is coming for it....it basically comes down to whether or not you like to hack around on your phones....honestly these two are the best phones out and will be the best two....from what I'm hearing about upcoming quad-cores there's no reason in getting one until they let the software catch up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
M

mixn123

Reaction score
I've yet to even root my Droid X.. and that was another consideration.. to root my X and wait a little longer to see what comes out for the Summer season.

Spartans_08

Reaction score
Yea...I had a X also...had it rooted, I will say the nexus is much easier to mess around with because of the unlocked boot loader, I actually considered the maxx but I seen motos update for the X made it non root able and that you can go backwards....it made me think moto is going to start that on all devices which sucks cause I really like the quality of their phones...it made me have to leave them though

CKD2

Reaction score
I'm In the same boat. Gotta make a decision today. I'm really loving the nexus. Im coming from a tbolt so I really want the most dev support. The display looks crazy good on the nexus. I haven't really played with the razr too much. My main things are root, tether(just as an emergency backup) HDMI, removable battery, speed4G!!!!
I really need a solid data connection as well!!!! That's really the most important. My tbolt is horrid

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If Dev support is what you want, it would simply be stupid to buy anything other than the Nexus.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really need a solid data connection as well!!!! That's really the most important. My tbolt is horrid

If that's the case, I think the Rezound has proven to have the most solid data connection out of all the LTE phones. Some will argue that their Razr or Gnex or whatever hasn't had any issues. And while that's likely true (as geography plays a part as well), you'll find a LOT less Rezound users complaining about connectivity problems than any other phone - myself included, and I've had all of them but the Maxx.

If Dev support is what you want, it would simply be stupid to buy anything other than the Nexus.

amen to that!

Trying out the Gnex again and really enjoying what's developed in the past few months (I had one right when it came out when not much was going on).

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ex DX owner. Moved onto the Galaxy Nexus. Thought about the Maxx but I prefer unlocked devices.

Reaction score
Razr hands down. Iv been hitting 25 mb down on 4g with this beasts

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

meaker

Reaction score
I have the nexus and love it for all the mods. Also love ics but with that said I've had trouble with the 3-4g pass off and Mic going out (that might be fixed with a replacement but been lazy). I would get the maxx or rezound if I had a chance.. The Max for battery life and good radios.. The rezound for the camera and seems to have little complaints

CKD2

Reaction score
Well I just pulled the trigger on the GN!!!! Let's hope I made the right choice!!!!!

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Ok heres a question for you guys....gonna get a nexus friday when i go home for spring break cus my current phone is severely F'd!!!!! when it comes, what do i need to check for out of the box?? i know to check if it makes/receives calls, check for damage/defects, but what else would signal tht i may have gotta a lemon??? i wanna know before i dive deep into nerdism (oh you know what i mean by tht!!!!)...

CKD2

Reaction score
I'm kinda nervous. The videos I've watched showed The maxx blowing away The nexus on YouTube, browser ect. What the he'll??? Can I switch to the maxx within 14 days if I want?