Verizon Decision... Nexus, Maxx or wait..

loki993

Reaction score
I'm In the same boat. Gotta make a decision today. I'm really loving the nexus. Im coming from a tbolt so I really want the most dev support. The display looks crazy good on the nexus. I haven't really played with the razr too much. My main things are root, tether(just as an emergency backup) HDMI, removable battery, speed4G!!!!
I really need a solid data connection as well!!!! That's really the most important. My tbolt is horrid

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Sounds like you need a Rezound.

Honestly though between the Nexus and the Maxx id get the Maxx. I just like it better. However the reason I didnt get the Maxx was because I think its too expensive and I dont like how wide the Moto phones are. I got a Rezound and I really like it. I felt it had more to offer then the Nexus and I couldn't pass on the price I got it for.

Plus just take a look at any FS thread and count how many Nexus are in there, Theres gotta be a reason for that Id imagine.

CKD2

Reaction score
If the maxx had a removable battery, it make my decision easier. Especially since it'll get ICS.
I think no matter which one I have, I'm gonna want the other one, like a spoiled brat lol.
Im sure the Nexus will keep me happy for at least a year, right?

huskur

Reaction score
I'm kinda nervous. The videos I've watched showed The maxx blowing away The nexus on YouTube, browser ect. What the he'll??? Can I switch to the maxx within 14 days if I want?

$35 restocking fee, but yes, you can return as long as you are within the 14 days

loki993

Reaction score
If the maxx had a removable battery, it make my decision easier. Especially since it'll get ICS.
I think no matter which one I have, I'm gonna want the other one, like a spoiled brat lol.
Im sure the Nexus will keep me happy for at least a year, right?

I somewhat understand the reason for needing a removable battery, but I think more of a deal is made out of it then needs be. I believe these phones have hard reset buttons on them so you don't need to pull the battery. Also I don't think I could ever wear out a battery in one of these phones and even if I did by that time I'm sure Id be long overdue for an upgrade.

huskur

Reaction score
I somewhat understand the reason for needing a removable battery, but I think more of a deal is made out of it then needs be. I believe these phones have hard reset buttons on the so you don't need to pull the battery. Also I don't think I could ever wear out a battery in one of these phones and even if I did by that time I'm sure Id be long overdue for an upgrade.

Battery removal is not necessary. There are combo buttons to push to get these phones to hard reset.

Another point.....look at the iPhone and its success. Give credit where credit is due

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
After the issues I've had with an upgrade from Froyo to Gingerbread on my Droid 2 I would disagree. 'Soft' resets by pulling the battery has been needed several time. I would want to have the same option with a new er phone if upgrading to ICS.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

CKD2

Reaction score
My battery issue is not being able to change batteries when it gets low, like when im not near a charger. I use my phone CONSTANTLY browse all day. It's important to me that I have 2 full batteries in pocket ready to roll. I know that's rare but it's huge for me. If a phone( non removable) would last day and a half HEAVY usage, be a no brainer.

huskur

Reaction score
My battery issue is not being able to change batteries when it gets low, like when im not near a charger. I use my phone CONSTANTLY browse all day. It's important to me that I have 2 full batteries in pocket ready to roll. I know that's rare but it's huge for me. If a phone( non removable) would last day and a half HEAVY usage, be a no brainer.

All you need is a power pack. Moto P893. Extra power when necessary

CKD2

Reaction score
How does the power pack work?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

CKD2

Reaction score
So far I'm pretty disgusted with the Data/reception. Off on off on off on off on off on off on off on off on WTF?????
Ive had this phone activated for 4 hours and I'm frustrated. It's like the Thunderbolts skinny black cousin in terms of 4G crap reception.

spooner2007

Reaction score
Currently a Droid X owner on Verizon (staying on network btw)...

I'm eligible for an upgrade - and an additional loyalty upgrade come May (whatever that is) - I'm deciding between the Nexus or Maxx or even waiting longer for what's coming out the next couple months...

I think i'm leaning Nexus but am considering waiting...

Any word about what's due out the next month or two and is it worth hanging on until then?

Thanks for any opinions.

Recommend waiting... could be something amazing comming come may or june...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

huskur

Reaction score
motorola-p893-power-pack.jpg
How does the power pack work?

Its just a battery that is in a case with a micro usb connection and a USB connection on it. You charge it with your phone charger. Once charged it will charge 2 devices if needed to. It can charge your phone and you can still use the phone while it charges.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
About battery pulls...

The button sequence for the battery pull on the RAZR and maxx should work fine. It hadn't failed me yet when I needed to do it. Non removable batteries hadn't been an issue for tablets.

And with external batteries getting smaller and having massive juice, IMO that is better than spare batteries. No need to turn the phone off to get extra battery life.

I would also say wait just to have another phone to choose from. I have a RAZR and Rezound...and my RAZR has the more reliable data connection. My Rezound has issues getting stuck in 1x in weak areas. They all have data issues, some are just less annoying than others. My RAZR was the least annoying than the Rezound and g nex I had.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

CKD2

Reaction score
Wow that power pack is pretty sweet. I'll see what happens in the next 14 days.