General review, complaints, and info

TBmike

Reaction score
Anyone else sick and tired of their TB being junk already??

Ok, so here's my beef. I've had the Thunderbolt for approximately 5 days now. And out of those 5 days, I've already been able to create a list of about 6 issues! First of all...it's all of a sudden not letting me make calls!!! What good is a PHONE that CAN'T MAKE CALLS!?!?! (It just keeps saying "Dialing" in the corner, and in the rare instance where it ACTUALLY connects the call, after about 10-30 seconds, it disconnects the call). It's been glitchy as all get out (apps launching randomly on their own, the calender will switch months on me all of a sudden while I'm trying to enter an event/meeting, etc.). The "Fast Boot" feature doesn't work! (it takes JUST as long to boot up as it would with this feature off). The battery has been wish-washy (one day it died after about 5 hours off the charger, the next it will last all day). The GPS is CRAZY slow/glitchy (it takes FOREVER for it to actually get my location locked down, and sometimes once it does, it starts going spastic on me about which way to go, showing I'm going down roads I'm not even on, showing I'm going the opposite direction than I am, etc.). Is anyone else having all the insane issues??? I'm about ready to tell Verizon to shove it, because now I've had a number of issues with 3 DIFFERENT PHONES!! (I had the original Droid, then the Droid X, and now the Thunderbolt..I was originally thinking maybe it was a Motorola thing, but apparently not...).

geoff5093

Reaction score
Hi,

I am getting some light bleed from the bottom buttons when I view the thunderbolt at certain angles. (in horizontal kickstand, etc)

Is this normal, or should I return it for a new one?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks in advance!
1030214.jpg

I have that too, and on the bottom too.. two sharp dots under the Home and Back buttons. Also, the lighting on the touch buttons are inconsistent.. the left side of the Home button is brighter than the left, the left side of the Menu button is darker than the right/last two letters, the back button is darker all across it, and the round part of the search magnifying glass is brighter than the handle..
Same here

10char

kushmankev

Reaction score
If that's your only (problem) you're in good shape ,find something more important to complain about

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

slinky

Reaction score
Ok, so here's my beef. I've had the Thunderbolt for approximately 5 days now. And out of those 5 days, I've already been able to create a list of about 6 issues! First of all...it's all of a sudden not letting me make calls!!! What good is a PHONE that CAN'T MAKE CALLS!?!?! (It just keeps saying "Dialing" in the corner, and in the rare instance where it ACTUALLY connects the call, after about 10-30 seconds, it disconnects the call). It's been glitchy as all get out (apps launching randomly on their own, the calender will switch months on me all of a sudden while I'm trying to enter an event/meeting, etc.). The "Fast Boot" feature doesn't work! (it takes JUST as long to boot up as it would with this feature off). The battery has been wish-washy (one day it died after about 5 hours off the charger, the next it will last all day). The GPS is CRAZY slow/glitchy (it takes FOREVER for it to actually get my location locked down, and sometimes once it does, it starts going spastic on me about which way to go, showing I'm going down roads I'm not even on, showing I'm going the opposite direction than I am, etc.). Is anyone else having all the insane issues??? I'm about ready to tell Verizon to shove it, because now I've had a number of issues with 3 DIFFERENT PHONES!! (I had the original Droid, then the Droid X, and now the Thunderbolt..I was originally thinking maybe it was a Motorola thing, but apparently not...).

None of us have these problems. As such, perhaps either (a) you should turn off fast boot. It doesn't work with certain apps installed - a list of which eventually will become more accessible; (b) your device needs to be replaced; (c) you have something running and should just clean the whole device by restting it and seeing if you still have the problems you describe.

dominick_7

Reaction score

None of us have these problems. As such, perhaps either (a) you should turn off fast boot. It doesn't work with certain apps installed - a list of which eventually will become more accessible; (b) your device needs to be replaced; (c) you have something running and should just clean the whole device by restting it and seeing if you still have the problems you describe.

What youre saying is just not true. Im having several of these similar issues, not being able to make calls, though its because it says my number is invalid or inactove even thoigh it worked the first day I had it..I haven't tried gps but my weather widget changes cities like every 15 minutes on its own.. I wonder what how woupd do. They think its tower provisioning so they're telling me I have to have no phone signal/capabilities for up to 72 hrs..this is day two.. how would you feel if they told you that?

slinky

Reaction score
What youre saying is just not true. Im having several of these similar issues, not being able to make calls, though its because it says my number is invalid or inactove even thoigh it worked the first day I had it..I haven't tried gps but my weather widget changes cities like every 15 minutes on its own.. I wonder what how woupd do. They think its tower provisioning so they're telling me I have to have no phone signal/capabilities for up to 72 hrs..this is day two.. how would you feel if they told you that?
Perhaps both of you are running the same incompatible app?

Perhaps both of you are experiencing some type of problem with your local connection? I had similar problems with my Incredible and couldn't dial someone's number (and got "number not accepting calls") for reasons neither of us could explain although text messages went through. For others it worked fine.

-- How would I feel? Well, I wouldn't presume anything until I saved all my data using a backup tool and then reset my phone to the factory format and tried again to see if my calls went through, sans extras.

sir2545

Reaction score

Sounds like the problem is you dude. All these problems with three different phones? I doubt it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Screwbal

Reaction score
I know it's early yet but how's the screen holding up?

For those who aren't running protectors any signs of scratches big or small or dust sneaking under the screen?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
No scratches, no dust so far. I am very careful with my phone though. Never goes in pocket with anything else.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Running naked waiting on my Steinheil to get here and everything fine.. however I do use the holster that has the felt lining that protects the screen and I don't put into my pocket with anything ..

Screwbal

Reaction score
Running naked waiting on my Steinheil to get here and everything fine.. however I do use the holster that has the felt lining that protects the screen and I don't put into my pocket with anything ..

That holster wasnt a OEM item I'm guessing? Looking I don't see it mentioned but I'm having trouble finding anything that actually says what is in the box

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

That holster wasnt a OEM item I'm guessing? Looking I don't see it mentioned but I'm having trouble finding anything that actually says what is in the box

It i the one from verizon. Hard shell case, but REALLY thin and slides into the holster. Holster is felt lined. Real nice and even in holster does not add much bulk.

Last edited: