General review, complaints, and info

Pizza33

Reaction score
Is this Light Bleed Normal? RESOLVED

Hi,

I am getting some light bleed from the bottom buttons when I view the thunderbolt at certain angles. (in horizontal kickstand, etc)

Is this normal, or should I return it for a new one?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks in advance!
1030214.jpg

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Merged with the TB thread General review, complaints, and info

phillyphill39

Reaction score
yeah just be glad that when you touched the screen while the display was off your lights dont magically flicker on and flicker off like an old flashlight. had to return mine yesterday and it took 2 hours for them to activate it. it was supposed to be a 15 min trip including the 5 min it would take to sell my iphone.

jacobdobie

Reaction score
I called verizon and talked to htc and came up with a soltion to the issue with my gps and it may fix your issue to. My gps would not work at all it would just sit there searching and searching. I go the extended life battery and tested the gps and it worked great there wasnt even a wait period for it to find the satellites. Htc told me that the connectors on the battery cover affected the gps. I would recomend calling verizon and asking for a new standard battery cover.

305rev305

Reaction score
Those "searching GPS" thing happened to me as well. I fixed it. All u gotta do is open maps and wait like 3 min. Close maps and open navigation. Click map on top right. Wait like 5 min. It should start working. From now on u won't have other problems

millbean

Reaction score
Quick scan through the forums but didn't see if anybody had a fix for the stock keyboardnotspacing

kparks

Reaction score
these signal issues are seriously killing me here. If they do not release an update by next tuesday, Im returning this phone. I will be very sad of course, but with everybody at work having verizon phones and they all get 3-4 bars, and my new tb struggles to hang on to one(if it doesnt have any at all) its pretty much useless around there. Pretty pathetic really. Im talking feature phones, dx's, bb's, one iphone, and a droid 2. They ALL hold a reliable signal, and get more signal than this device does. Going around town its worse than other verizon phones too. All of this leads me to wonder if i should just join the masses and get a og droid off contract and wait until motorola has something that is at least equal to the tb. I must have a reliable signal both at work, and out on the job. This is my only issue with the phone, and unfortunatly its the one I cant compromise on. Any suggestions guys?

Did you return it to Verizon and try another one? You could have gotten a faulty phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
i agree E6 could be a problem with you phone but is prolly just a bad hand off... but the bad thing is the time it will take to fix this will be past the 14day return.. i plan on picking up my TB this weekend and the way u guys talk about battery i already know its not a bright future for me cuz im constantly surfing the web and on forums sometime i only get 3 1/2 hours from a full charge on my htc TP2 and its 1500mha battery but we will see........on your problem if ur still havin problems i would take it back and get a diff device and see if they can extend the return policy for u getting a faulty device. it could work! it sucks cuz we have been waiting a long time for this phone!! i will be getting a one year plan most likely

dominick_7

Reaction score
Hi,

I am getting some light bleed from the bottom buttons when I view the thunderbolt at certain angles. (in horizontal kickstand, etc)

Is this normal, or should I return it for a new one?

Thanks in advance!
1030214.jpg

I have that too, and on the bottom too.. two sharp dots under the Home and Back buttons. Also, the lighting on the touch buttons are inconsistent.. the left side of the Home button is brighter than the left, the left side of the Menu button is darker than the right/last two letters, the back button is darker all across it, and the round part of the search magnifying glass is brighter than the handle..