General review, complaints, and info

I keep my brightness at 25% when I'm indoors and its plenty bright. Outside is a different story.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Sense Widget

Just wondering if theres anyway to use the weather/clock widget without using the sense UI? Thanks! :icon_ banana:dancedroid

just picked my thunderbolt up about 1 hour ago working good but i do see what some are talking about with the tin sound on voice calls? my question is how to stop revieving text through stock and handcent sms apps any help im trying GO SMS for a week and dont want to get 5 "notifacations" deff spelled that wrong HAHA

just picked my thunderbolt up about 1 hour ago working good but i do see what some are talking about with the tin sound on voice calls? my question is how to stop revieving text through stock and handcent sms apps any help im trying GO SMS for a week and dont want to get 5 "notifacations" deff spelled that wrong HAHA
nevermind just figured it out i looked over it like 20 times lol

Go to your stock messenger and hit menu. Go to settings and the first box should say received notifications. Unchecked that box and you should be good to go.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

I found this article referring to the T'Bolt having horrible battery life:

HTC Thunderbolt Battery Life: 4G Smartphone... | Gather

As I've been contemplating getting this phone, this issue concerns me. The battery dying after only 4 hours of moderate use (according to the article review) seems bad.

My question to those of you who've owned your TB for a few days now is: Do you find the battery life to be unacceptable? How does it compare to your previous phone's battery life?

If you're like me, and hate being glued to a wall, there's no way I wouldn't buy a 2nd (Maybe even a 3rd) Battery. I have hobbies that involve not being around my car/house/any outlet, and this phone simply will not last the day with my usage (moderate).
Honestly, coming from the Droid X, the Thunderbolt is worth getting a 2nd battery. I love HTC Sense, I love the front facing camera, I love the kickstand, It's much less buggier than the DX (I've gotten so frustrated with DX's panic resets and freezing and I've flung the phone across the floor, ESPECIALLY while trying to call someone. What if I had to dial 911 and it decided to panic?) Anyways..
LOVE the news widget! (One of the major things that has me hooked)
The Droid X always took 5-6 seconds to load up the camera.. and I ended up missing tons of once in a lifetime shots because of it....
This camera loads right up and I snap the picture 1-2 seconds later! And it's outstanding quality! (Another selling point for me)

A friend told me that I should have waited for the Bionic, but I like the HTC UI soooo much more than motoblur.. and with the bugs on my last moto device, I'm not taking chances.

Just download the free application from the market called Gps status.. it will find your Gps almost immediately and then open Google maps and you're set.. this is a software issue cause this phone is too new, so Htc or Google better be working on this... So far though best phone EVER!

Actually you have to enable the GPS... In settings..... Location.. I believe... forgot where I had to enable... But I did..

Sent from my @SS using DroidForums App

I found this article referring to the T'Bolt having horrible battery life:

HTC Thunderbolt Battery Life: 4G Smartphone... | Gather

As I've been contemplating getting this phone, this issue concerns me. The battery dying after only 4 hours of moderate use (according to the article review) seems bad.

My question to those of you who've owned your TB for a few days now is: Do you find the battery life to be unacceptable? How does it compare to your previous phone's battery life?

If you're like me, and hate being glued to a wall, there's no way I wouldn't buy a 2nd (Maybe even a 3rd) Battery. I have hobbies that involve not being around my car/house/any outlet, and this phone simply will not last the day with my usage (moderate).
Honestly, coming from the Droid X, the Thunderbolt is worth getting a 2nd battery. I love HTC Sense, I love the front facing camera, I love the kickstand, It's much less buggier than the DX (I've gotten so frustrated with DX's panic resets and freezing and I've flung the phone across the floor, ESPECIALLY while trying to call someone. What if I had to dial 911 and it decided to panic?) Anyways..
LOVE the news widget! (One of the major things that has me hooked)
The Droid X always took 5-6 seconds to load up the camera.. and I ended up missing tons of once in a lifetime shots because of it....
This camera loads right up and I snap the picture 1-2 seconds later! And it's outstanding quality! (Another selling point for me)

A friend told me that I should have waited for the Bionic, but I like the HTC UI soooo much more than motoblur.. and with the bugs on my last moto device, I'm not taking chances.
It's not as bad as everyone is saying and I'm in 4g all day just got it today but I don't see any battery problems its on par with other androids

Hmm looks like I will have to check this out to make sure it is working properly.

I have standalone andgoogle location checked only under location settings in settings, and sitting in house mapped route to my work in like 3 secs...is that gps status app show a target like and bunch data, working great.

Battery not as bad as advertised for me

Just went 24 hours without charging phone with moderate use. I charged battery before turning phone on. I also don't have that weather/location widget on the main screen on. I'm also not using that friend stream stuff. I also set the brightness to low. I'm happy with this so far. I was expecting it to be a lot worse. I can live with this. Very happy so far.

Hacing Issues

Ok, so I purchased my TB, and it was great..stupid data rates, more that a phone should really have or need. Now here is the problem, on a good day, I got four hours of battery life and that was after the phone almost gave me third degree burns. Of course I am being a little dramatic, but my phone was always hot as hell.

Verizon did replace it, granted they replaced it with a phone that could not get a data signal...if I reset my phone anytime I want to browse the web, then it is great...otherwise, I have not data connection.

Honestly, my initial TB ran like a champ, new one, not so much...they are sending me a replacement.

Now on a side note...what are people getting for speeds. This is crazy, but here are mine.

38.40 mb upload
14.74 mb download

Immmm, not real sure what your asking....are you just ranting? There are a ton of TB battery threads floating around.

Back