Gb .608 updates won't install

Feudalplague

Reaction score
My update for .608 has failed about 5 times. I have had the device rooted. Unrooted, factory reset and normal twice. The update goes to about 10 percent and then goes back to that droid with the triangle warning thing and then reboots on me. Sending me back to my froyo. I'm currently unrooted without my SD card in cause it could be something interfering with the update on my SD
I have all bloatware on the phone still and never froze or removed anything period.. I just want this fixed. Sooo any help is appreciated

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score
My update for .608 has failed about 5 times. I have had the device rooted. Unrooted, factory reset and normal twice. The update goes to about 10 percent and then goes back to that droid with the triangle warning thing and then reboots on me. Sending me back to my froyo. I'm currently unrooted without my SD card in cause it could be something interfering with the update on my SD
I have all bloatware on the phone still and never froze or removed anything period.. I just want this fixed. Sooo any help is appreciated

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Did you install bootstrap ever?

jason11ac

Reaction score
Hi. Im having the same problem. It downloads the update, then installs about 10% and reboots back to froyo. I once installed bootstrap but it never actually worked for me so I uninstalled it.
Please help if you know how to fix this.

sent from my droid 2 global

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
If you are on Froyo, and you installed D2 Recovery Bootstrap at any time and used its “Bootstrap recovery” option, your /system is altered and the update won't install. You need to restore the logwrapper binary. There are a lot of posts in this forum about this exact same problem when people were updating to 4.5.607.

bwild

Reaction score
I'm actually having the same problem.
I spent the whole day trying to get the update to install, but everything I've tried so far has failed.

I unfroze all frozen apps
I completely removed bootstrap, deleted hijack, logwrapper, and restored the original logwrapper and unrooted.
I also tried a factory reset after unrooting/bootstrapping/unfreezing, but it still hasn't worked.

I've never flashed anything, so if possible, I'd like to avoid SBF'ing since I'm not at all familiar with it.
Any other ideas out there?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Get the 4.5.607 standalone update, put it into the root of your SD card as update.zip, and try installing it via stock recovery.

Post the error it gives you.

lwags67

Reaction score
Just curious, why is it necessary to rename to update.zip rather than leave the file name as is? Is the name update.zip critical to success in installing?

silver6054

Reaction score
Just curious, why is it necessary to rename to update.zip rather than leave the file name as is? Is the name update.zip critical to success in installing?
Doesn't Froyo stock recovery only allow update.zip as an option (in GB it appears you can choose the file)

lwags67

Reaction score
--install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/cardock.apk"."ba445d3e295457d9f8f4c48550e3c7fb8a68369","6a6427898e31610e41b107c75f8eaf2c20eceba2")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Looks like, in part, I need to install again CarDock.

OP
F

Feudalplague

Reaction score
well i guess im just going to sbf for a clean install. its kind of annoying but whatever

lwags67

Reaction score
It looks like Cardock.apk is on the SD card. How do I move to system/app? What program can I use to do this? Don't seem to see the root directory in windows explorer.

silver6054

Reaction score
It looks like Cardock.apk is on the SD card. How do I move to system/app? What program can I use to do this? Don't seem to see the root directory in windows explorer.

Do it on the phone. Do you have an app like Root Explorer on the phone?