Gallery Trouble

AnthOhKnee

Reaction score
I wanna check out my latest pics but every time I open my Gallery it immediately just closes

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Search for the recent thread, Gallery Won't Open, and use Sailmakers fix.Worked perfectly for me.

OP
AnthOhKnee

AnthOhKnee

Reaction score
Sorry but what's the sailermakers mix?

Phillipsave

Reaction score
From Sailmaker:

Go to:
Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> All tab
For each of the following, I clicked on Clear data and Clear cache: (Just clearing Gallery did not do it for me)
Gallery
Media Container Service
Media Storage
Then I restarted phone by holding down power button, clicking Power Off, then held it again to turn on and working great! It did take a few minutes for the Gallery to get all the thumbnails again the first time I started it, but it works!
I was afraid I deleted all files on SD but they are all still there. Just be patient, will take several minutes for Gallery to repopulate. dancedroid

OP
AnthOhKnee

AnthOhKnee

Reaction score
Thanks man it worked perfectly

cueto

Reaction score
worked for me.....and man it does take long time for full gallery (1500+ items) to restore!!

Thanks

kellychien

Reaction score
Ahhhhh, finally! That worked for me. What an amazing pain in the buttocks. I'm used to my old LG Dare where any modifications i make externally to the SD card are automatically noticed by the OS.

And yes, it takes a huge amount of time to repopulate the gallery even with only 48 items. Quite inexcusable. Heck, my old 386 PC could have rebuilt those thumbs in a few seconds.

MoparFinch

Reaction score
From Sailmaker:

Go to:
For each of the following, I clicked on Clear data and Clear cache: (Just clearing Gallery did not do it for me)
Gallery
Media Container Service
Media Storage
Then I restarted phone by holding down power button, clicking Power Off, then held it again to turn on and working great! It did take a few minutes for the Gallery to get all the thumbnails again the first time I started it, but it works!
I was afraid I deleted all files on SD but they are all still there. Just be patient, will take several minutes for Gallery to repopulate. dancedroid

Don't mean to bring back an almost dead post however this also solved my problem.

I had a folder showing up in mine named "32". The gallery showed a bunch of images but would not show the image. When I tried to delete the image, gallery would crash.

Clearing Data on the Gallery & Media Storage, then rebooting fixed my force close gallery problem.

Thank you!

OP
AnthOhKnee

AnthOhKnee

Reaction score
It doesn't work again and I tried the method again and it won't work

Reaction score
worked for me.....and man it does take long time for full gallery (1500+ items) to restore!!

Lol, you're telling me! At the time I had to do this I had almost 3,500 things on my SD card because I had to back up my photography files from my desktop to wipe it!

JBWhitley

Reaction score
From Sailmaker:

Go to:
Gallery
Media Container Service
Media Storage

Thank you so much for your help. I was looking and I had nothing in the Gallery and Media Container Service (as far as size). The only one populated was the Media Storage. That must have been where the issues was for me.

Thanks again for your help.

brewtus22

Reaction score
It worked on my girlfriends phone great. I had formatted her card a couple of times because of the gallery not working twice.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I used the method of clearing the data in media storage many times for this issue, however, yesterday my gallery was FC'ing and I didn't do anything, it cleared itself up in a few hours.

Last edited:

patcal

Reaction score
Does not work on my Optimus T. I got the Quickpic app & it works but not even formating my SD worked.