Gallery keeps force closing

Redman479

Reaction score
I recently decided to clean up a lotta files on my DX. I moved all my videos & pics to my laptop. 2day I took some photos & was trying to use one as a wallpaper but when I try to open the gallery it opens but quickly closes. I had a pic that was in the gallery viewer that I did not remove. I deleted the gallery view pic but it still won't open. Anybody know what I can do to fix this? I remember deleting a few folders as well but am not sure which ones.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to settings/applications/manage applications/all tab/select gallery/force stop/wipe data
Pics will be fine as they're stored on SD card.

If that doesn't work, download 3d gallery and look for empty files and delete. These are likely corrupt files.

OP
Redman479

Redman479

Reaction score
Downloaded 3D gallery and it works wonderful! I like it better than the original gallery. Thanks a lot!

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Where is the 3d gallery? I can't seem to find it on the market...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Saw that one... lots of bad reviews. Thought maybe they were talking about a different one. Guess I'll try it out.

jennteel

Reaction score
Go to settings/applications/manage applications/all tab/select gallery/force stop/wipe data
Pics will be fine as they're stored on SD card.

If that doesn't work, download 3d gallery and look for empty files and delete. These are likely corrupt files.

I did this and it fixed my issue! Thanks. And this application is so much better than the original gallery.

jray2855

Reaction score
I was having the same probably with the regular gallery. Now I've downloaded the 3D gallery but why does it show multiples of the same picture ??

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You probably moves files around or copied and pasted them. The gallery pulls all image files jpgs, pngs, etc

MrShow

Reaction score
I just encountered the same problem. I downloaded the gallery 3d thing from the market, and now my regular gallery works fine so thank you everyone. I personally like this new gallery better too lol.

droid234

Reaction score
I just encountered the same problem. I downloaded the gallery 3d thing from the market, and now my regular gallery works fine so thank you everyone. I personally like this new gallery better too lol.

what did you do to make the regular gallery to work again?