Galaxy S4 Battery 2600 mAh... is it enough?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I had to get the 4500mah battery to make my s3 last a day. I cant figure out why didnt they drastically improve there battery this time. It makes no sence.
Thinking design had to do with it. To be slimmer and have a bigger battery than the s3 is a fairly impressive feat imo.

Battery technology has hit a plateau and until new battery technology is released batteries can only get slimmer to squeeze out a bit more mAh. The design of a smartphone is getting slimmer with each generation and pushing the boundaries of how much technology one can fit into such compact housing.

thegreatone3

Reaction score
my droid razr sometimes dies at 1 or 2 in the afternoon after 8 hours of use if I am on facebook or the internet alot. Makes me think I made a mistake buying a razr with a non-removable battery.
The OG Razr was the bane of my existence. With poor cell reception at my place of work, I was literally dying by lunchtime! After this phone, I promised myself I would never buy another "battery-challenged" smartphone.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
The OG Razr was the bane of my existence. With poor cell reception at my place of work, I was literally dying by lunchtime! After this phone, I promised myself I would never buy another "battery-challenged" smartphone.
I wish there was a way to get the battery to last longer without crippling the phone. Jelly Bean helped a little just not as much as needed.

kyle10

Reaction score
i believe it will be plenty. the s3 with the 2100 is plenty enough to last me all day with between 4-5 hours screen on time. so i would think 2600 will be plenty.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I'm sure someone will be coming out with larger capacity batteries for the S4 along with better looking backs. That should be a no-brainer. I have a 2750mAh battery in my Rezound and it lasts all day and then some. The stock battery in the S4 isn't that much smaller. We'll see.