[Exclusive Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Might be Coming to Verizon

roboots21

Reaction score
This would be my next phone for sure if it comes to Verizon. I am due for a new one in August, and this just might be the ticket. It is going to either be this or the regular S4.

A side note, I have seen plenty of people complain about the screen that is on the Active, with it being LCD. I had a discussion with a friend and after reading some more as well this seems to be a good choice for an 'active' phone like this one. If I am not mistaken the LCD is brighter in the sunlight or just outdoors in general, which is just what this phone would more likely see, and active outdoors lifestyle. While I am a critical person, I will just go to the store and try it out and see if I like it. Problem will be solved and decision will be made at that point. As long as there is development on it like the S4, I will most likely go the 'active' route. This is a sick phone!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I just can't believe more people aren't pissed off that this was announced so late. Why this wasn't announced at the same time as the S4 just *pakow* blows my mind.
If I pre-ordered an S4 and this came out just about a month after I signed my new 2 yr contract?!?! /so annoyed

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I read a few reviews that said the phone isn't as water resistant as they claim. They had issues with the screen turning on after being in water, even after 'pressing on the AT&T logo' like the manual said.
I personally have no interest in this phone, or any Samsung phone. I'll stick with my Motorola.

jseah

Reaction score
I am a photographer, and yes, pixels size does matter. A 13 megapixel sensor is going to give you a better more detailed image than a 8 megapixel sensor in a phone, in regards to a DSLR, it works the same way, but there are also allot of variables, like image processing done by the chip, most sport photographers will chose a max 12-15 megapixel sensor, it requires less buffering which means more and faster action shots, now a landscape of portrait photographer would like a bigger sensor with more megapixels since his/her work requires more detail in the shot.

As a photographer, you should know better. Pixel size only matters to a small degree. What matters is the physical size of the digital image sensor. Much like film cameras, the larger you want the print to be, the larger you want the film frame to be. That's why with celluloid film, a view camera will beat a medium format camera which will beat a 35 mm camera when it comes to printing enlargements. Same as with digital. A medium format digital sensor will beat a full frame digital sensor, which will beat a 4/3 format or 1.6x crop factor digital sensor, which beats a point and shoot, which beats the minuscule sensor installed in a cell phone. You could have a 16 MP sensor in a cell phone (i.e. the Samsung Galaxy S4 photographer's edition) which measures less than 1/4" and that won't come close to the image quality of a full frame sensor that measures 1.3" x 0.9" with 10 or even 12 megapixels.

If you are comparing the same physical size sensors, then megapixels does factor in, however, there is a limit as to how many megapixels you can fit onto a sensor before your image quality begins to degrade. The smaller you manufacture a pixel and the closer you cram them together, the greater the chance you have of data "bleeding" from one pixel to another, thereby degrading the image. Where you see the degradation is when you enlarge the image and it gets grainier and grainier.

mcx3rbm

Reaction score
anymore word on whether the active is coming to verizon??? My contract is up next month. Keeping fingers crossed for this phone!!!!!!