Leaked Pics of the Samsung Galaxy S4 'Active' Hit the Web

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs4-active-back.jpg
sgs4-active-front.jpg

Several new variants of the Samsung Galaxy S4 series have been rumored for sometime now. One of these is the Galaxy S4 Active. It will supposedly be designed for the "active" lifestyle and will include dust, impact and water resistant features. Today we have some leaked pics of the "rumored" device. Here's a tentative spec-list below to go with the pics,
  • Quad-core 1.9GHz processor with Adreno 320 GPU - likely the Snapdragon 600 chipset
  • Same display as the Galaxy S4 - 5.0-inch 1080p and possibly Super AMOLED (although its pixel density is supposedly 480ppi which would be odd)
  • 8MP rear camera (instead of the 13MP sensor of the vanilla Galaxy S4)
Although Samsung hasn't officially announced this device, there has been quite a bit of intel lately, and with these leaked pics, we suspect an announcement will come soon.

Source: GSMArena

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
They should have announced them together. Bad move Sammy. If I pre-ordered the "normal" S4 and saw this one today, I'd be annoyed.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sgs4-active-back.jpg
sgs4-active-front.jpg

Several new variants of the Samsung Galaxy S4 series have been rumored for sometime now. One of these is the Galaxy S4 Active. It will supposedly be designed for the "active" lifestyle and will include dust, impact and water resistant features. Today we have some leaked pics of the "rumored" device. Here's a tentative spec-list below to go with the pics,
  • Quad-core 1.9GHz processor with Adreno 320 GPU - likely the Snapdragon 600 chipset
  • Same display as the Galaxy S4 - 5.0-inch 1080p and possibly Super AMOLED (although its pixel density is supposedly 480ppi which would be odd)
  • 8MP rear camera (instead of the 13MP sensor of the vanilla Galaxy S4)
Although Samsung hasn't officially announced this device, there has been quite a bit of intel lately, and with these leaked pics, we suspect an announcement will come soon.

Source: GSMArena

If Samsung releases a google experience active it will be hard for me to resist.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Why all the buttons?

THIS in brushed aluminum. Simply because I want it VZW will never carry it.

eugenerudenko

Reaction score
They should have announced them together. Bad move Sammy. If I pre-ordered the "normal" S4 and saw this one today, I'd be annoyed.
Absolutely agree on this. A lot of people would like to have such an active model but won't buy it because they've already bought SGS4.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
If Samsung releases a google experience active it will be hard for me to resist.
And if they did, it would no be on Verizon, Google only phones are only on GSM networks from now on, where you can use them anywhere in the world, Verizon has shot themselves in the foot with their "locked down" CDMA network. That is why the S4 on Google with pure Google experience will only be available for AT&T and T-Mobile both run on GSM networks, and if you travel overseas all you need to do is purchase a SIM card and you have voice and data. Once my contract runs out next year with Verizon I will bid them farewell.