Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
If it ain't one thing it is another. Now people are complaining about getting scratches from on their GNOTE4 with other cases. I blame some of it on user error. People forcing their phone in the cases like they did their old plastic phones. Aluminum is a soft metal. Can't just force it in the case you can easily scratch it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

soulpatch

Reaction score
The Incipio case fromt he verizon store is actually pretty darn nice. I am still waiting on a few other cases to come out as I want my kick stand but more stable then the cases out right now on Amazon...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The Incipio case fromt he verizon store is actually pretty darn nice. I am still waiting on a few other cases to come out as I want my kick stand but more stable then the cases out right now on Amazon...
What'd they charge for that one at vzw? Also, do you use the heart rate sensor at all? How's it with the case vs without?

soulpatch

Reaction score
with tax I paid $22 I believe. I have a discount for accessories so I htink the sticker price was 24.99 or so.

Yes the finger scanner works fine. The cutout below the sensor is sufficient in that one can easily lay their finger on the sensor without pushing.

The mic holes all line up as do every oher port/hole. I especially like that the power and volume buttons in the rubber are easily felt and they seperated the volume up and down buttons that other cases fail to do.

The case is bland in that it is simply black but it works great for an initial basic case while the other vendors crank out their options that fit better...

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Incipio Cases run from $30 to $40 on Amazon. No different from the stores.

I like This One...
41gW-ioqdcL.jpg

soulpatch

Reaction score
i had not seen them on Amazon last week when I was looking. That said I have accessory disc at verizon so I saved a few bucks and got it instantly.

I wish the dual layer I got had a small kick stand though. I enjoy having the phone up on the table while sitting out with a cigar.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Is that soft rubber? I had an Incipio case for my S2 that was totally soft rubber. Best case I ever had.

Reactions: cr6
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I bought the Incipio DualPro for my S5 and love it. It's got a soft tpu case with a separate hard shell that snaps over it for excellent protection. I've usually just used a standard soft tpu case on previous phones and that's worked fine for me, but there wasn't much to chose from when I purchased my S5 so I went with this one and it works great. Big fan of the Incipio brand.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Has a front cover which I hate
I agree. I bought one of those battery pack cases for the s4 that had the front flap. Cut that thing right off after a day of dealing with it's bs.

Even on my Nexus 7, I only use the folio case when travelling.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I agree. I bought one of those battery pack cases for the s4 that had the front flap. Cut that thing right off after a day of dealing with it's bs.

Even on my Nexus 7, I only use the folio case when travelling.

Sent from my Note 4
So when you say front cover do you mean Clear front cover like Otterbox screen protector or do you mean like a leather front cover? Can it be used with out the fron cover?