Galaxy Note 4 Accessories.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I will probably go with the same setup for the Note 4.

IsixedThat

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Those charge a spare Samsung phone battery that is not in the device?
I am talking an external battery charger like the 1 shown in the video clip #75 that can charge a spare OEM Samsung battery with out an external power source
You would still have to charge that external charger that charges the spare battery. I'm not seeing how that is any better than plugging the external charger in & charging the spare battery itself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
For myself it is easier to just have 2 spare batteries on hand. They are so thin that you don't notice them in your pocket. I don't have that awesomesauceness with the i6 though so I have to buy a charging brick.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Edit: Thanks

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Anyone that got the Spigen Neo Hybrid Case and you got your GNote4. Are your mic holes on the bottom of your case not align with the mic holes on your Gnote4?

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Mine won't be here until around the 6th.

Sent from my Note 4
It looks like it is a real issue. People are complaining on Amazon About the Gnote 4 Neo Hybrid.

143098d1414120911-note-4-what-case-you-going-caseologyn4-1.jpg

Amazon.com Questions And Answers When I have this case on my phone people on the other end of a call can t hear me I think it is blocking the microphone anyone having this problem

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Oh man... That doesn't make me very happy...

Sent from my Note 4
It looks like the Mic on the Verizon phones are in a different spot then on the other providers. Caseology and Spigen Neo Hybrid so far are affected.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It looks like the Mic on the Verizon phones are in a different spot then on the other providers. Caseology and Spigen Neo Hybrid so far are affected.
Any word on replacements & returns? I don't want to have paid for a case that muffles my mics.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Any word on replacements & returns? I don't want to have paid for a case that muffles my mics.

Sent from my Note 4
Nothing Yet. I reached out to Spigen on Facebook and on the website. I got Nothing. When you get yours. See if it covers the mic.I have another Spigen case on order. The Tough Armor Case. If that cover the hole also I am sending both back. Let me know how yours fit when it arrives.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nothing Yet. I reached out to Spigen on Facebook and on the website. I got Nothing. When you get yours. See if it covers the mic.I have another Spigen case on order. The Tough Armor Case. If that cover the hole also I am sending both back. Let me know how yours fit when it arrives.
Rest assured, it'll be the first thing I check when I get it. Tracking info still says it won't be here until the 6th.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Rest assured, it'll be the first thing I check when I get it. Tracking info still says it won't be here until the 6th.

Sent from my Note 4
This are what some are doing...
To all of those who are considering drilling the case to clear up this issue, you may not have to drill a hole in the bumper frame. I was reading the reviews for the Neo Hybrid case on Amazon, and I saw a post in which the user stated they cut a small hole in the absorption interior and that resolved the issue. So I used a razor and cut a small hole in the absorption interior, but I did not drill a hole in the bumper frame. I made a few test calls and the issue is resolved, people said they could hear me loud and clear, where previously they could not. So if you are thinking about drilling the frame, cut a hole in the interior first, it might work.

I'm not happy about having to cut my case, but I figured this would be easier than returning it. I'm interested in knowing if this solution works for anyone else.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
F that. I refuse to pay for something that's supposed to work out of the box & then have to modify it so it does what's advertised. I'll get a new one or a refund. That's ridiculous if it's like that.

Sent from my Note 4

whippleman

Reaction score
I believe it's an issue with Verizon's Note 4's left mic being further out than the other models. Saw this on quite a few reviews on the case I ordered about the mic holes being off. Turned out it was only for Verizon Note 4's. These were reviews for a Caseology case and not a Spigen although it sounds like the same issue.