Funny thing is happening... Droid, Nexus One, And Me

JCo352

Reaction score
I realize it is "conventional wisdom" that the Nexus One will be available in about a week on Verizon. However, it should be noted that as far as I know the launch date is still strictly a rumor and the only "confirmed" date is "in the spring."

In that context, the firm date for the release of the Devour on VZW has been March 15. Checked a few minutes ago and it is still listed as "coming soon."

So for those who are expecting to exchange their droids within the 30 day return and pick up a Nexus One, I'd be cautious.

I'm pretty sure the Devour is out I saw it today at a Verizon kiosk in the mall.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seems like you staying with the droid. I am happy with the droid; and because the droid can be overclocked, I look at it as key board or no keyboard.

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
Is there a reason why emails from this site show up in my inbox on my droid and half the time the HTML link is not a hyperlink (clickable) and half the time it is? I cant for the life of me figure out what is going on.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
HTC Ships CDMA Nexus One to Verizon

According to Chinese newspaper Economic Daily, cell phone manufacturer and Android extraordinaire HTC has begun shipping its CDMA-based version of the Nexus One to Verizon. Verizon will begin marketing the Google phone later this month or next month, according to the report. HTC will also begin shipping Nexus Ones to Vodafone soon.

So there you have it: if a $530 locked phone isn’t for you, and you think the only good thing about T-Mobile is Catherine Zeta Jones, then you’ll soon have Verizon and Vodafone options for your Nexus One shopping. The HTC Incredible that we saw a peak at last week looks like another worthy Android opponent coming soon.
For Win-Mo (Pho) fans, HTC will also unveil the HD mini in Hong Kong and Taiwan later this week. [via DigiTimes]

bacalao

Reaction score
Xythil, if you go back to the original message, un-collapse previous emails, it should be clickable.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I have my DROID for almost 4 months I have no intrest in the Nexus One. I am running Petes Bugless Beast v8 with Chevy1's 1.1ghz kernel. grabbed set cpu and put the highest mhz on 800 and the lowest on 250 and set it to "on demand" so my proc will go higher to 800 when needed but idle around 250. Ever since I done this my battery life is perfect I can run google maps/navigation and still play games and browse with no lag at all. I have a nice amount of widgets etc.

IMO if you only going to the nexus for the 1ghz snap dragon it might not be worth it, because thats all I see worth getting out of the neXus 1. I woudl keep your droid and wait for droid 2 or wait for a new keyboard phone with a 1ghz in it. I will never go back to a phone with out keyboard.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Smokeless Glass 5.0 here, no extra kernel to install and I'm currently Oc'd at 1.1ghz.

You are going to get as many opinions as there are roms out there.
While the below link doesn't cover every single rom out there it is a good starting spot to select your first one from. Once you are rooted with sprecovery it doesn't take long to switch from one rom to another so just pick one your gut tells you to go with.

Android Roms - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I know the Droid can be overclocked. Can anyone answer why the Nexus can't be? (or is just that it hasn't been yet?....there's got to be just as many folks happy using that phone as the Droid...which I'm assuming is the majority of the users here)

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
Is the 0free overclock widget ok to use over setcpu? I have it set to 250min 1000 max atm... the widget