Nexus One Pro: Nexus One with a Keyboard (Bad for Droids)

iPirate

Reaction score
Good news, this means by the time I buy my next Motorola "droid" it will have an OLED screen, 7mp camera, 1000ghz cpu and gpu, physical keyboard, larger battery, what else? :icon_ banana:

Guurzak

Reaction score
Now I have this mental image of kids running around with red-and-white balls full of pokephones, doing battle with each other. Pikadroid, I choose you!

RosarioM

Reaction score
An enterprise N1 would probably look more like a Blackberry Bold than a Droid. Also, if they were really serious about the enterprise, they would either have to lock the phone down so that you could disable things like the camera or have no camera at all.

I have a BB from work and because I work in the financial industry, the device has to be pretty much crippled to comply with regulatory requirements. While I know this isn't the same in most industries, if they do want to compete with BB in the Enterprise, they have to make these options available for large enterprises that need to centrally manage and lock down their devices.

Google has never really been interested in the enterprise in the past. Try calling them if you want to use one of their consumer products in your enterprise. There's no one to call, even if you want to pay for a license...

dos

Reaction score
I'll hold off for now till Google gets their customer service for their phones straight. I was reading of some of the headaches with the Nexus and their being virtually no customer support. Some people being told to call T-Mobile who tell them to call HTC, who tell them to contact Google, then the circle continues. Google is handling all problems via email and says you will get a response within 48 hours. No thank you. If I have a problem, I like how I can make on call or go into a Verizon store.

joshua117

Reaction score
Can your phone jump out of your pocket and kick the crap out of other phones?....Droid Does.

Of course the iphone has the advantage of being able to talk on the phone and surf the web at the same time...that could come in handy after the fight has ended. That way the fanboy and his phone can call up other fanboys and cry to them about what just happened, and at the same time search the internet for a repair shop.:happy:

MrTommy

Reaction score
Yep, like going to the store if there's a problem

Google is handling all problems via email and says you will get a response within 48 hours. No thank you. If I have a problem, I like how I can make on call or go into a Verizon store.

Dos, you've got it right there. I agree 100%

I was getting the Nexus prompt every time I opened up my browser to Google. Let me just say again, I LOVE MY DROID!

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score
EDIT: Okay, not bad for Droids, bad for MY Droid.

Your edit doesn't make any sense either. How is this bad for YOUR Droid?

I'm sorry, I forgot that I don't have control over how I feel about my phones, you do! Silly me.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Droid, and prefer it to the Nexus One's look. But I'm just always wanting the new, I mean I spend hours a day on phone message boards. I know I can't have the latest all the times (not made of money), but it just sucks to see a phone that matches the Droid's capabilities and will undoubtedly top them at that, especially so soon.