Droid Pro or blackberry

jimmy8765

Reaction score
Right now, at least 31% of the smartphones, in the field are BlackBerry handsets.I've been carrying around a BlackBerry Torch 9800 for a couple of months. It's a good qwerty/touch-screen combo phone. But the new Motorola smartphone - Droid Pro which the first thing I noticed about is its BlackBerry-esque design. The first Droid to sport a vertical physical keyboard, the Pro is made for one-handed texting.

So Motorola Droid Pro VS BlackBerry? Motorola Droid Pro, a BlackBerry Killer?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My staff supported BB and I can say the Droid is a superior device and requires less support. My two cents.

Mike

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Right now, at least 31% of the smartphones, in the field are BlackBerry handsets.I've been carrying around a BlackBerry Torch 9800 for a couple of months. It's a good qwerty/touch-screen combo phone. But the new Motorola smartphone - Droid Pro which the first thing I noticed about is its BlackBerry-esque design. The first Droid to sport a vertical physical keyboard, the Pro is made for one-handed texting.

Depends on what you're looking for in a Blackberry and hope to find in the Droid Pro. I personally would take the Droid Pro, Motorola is trying to incorporate more enterprise features and such and seems to be doing well. Also, the Blackberry-esque keyboard and design is really nice. I have a original Motorola Droid and from my experience with the Blackberry Torch is the keyboard is so great to type on, but the phone itself was a bit to slow for me and my attempt to use the browser only cause me headaches.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My staff supported BB and I can say the Droid is a superior device and requires less support.
As stated above, depends on what you're looking for. BB's include centralized device management (requires BES, of course) and the ability to granularly lock down features. You could probably do the same with Droids but you'd need a separate solution. We support several hundred deployed BB's with 2 part time BB support staff (they have other duties). I guarantee we'd need much more staff if we deployed Android devices instead.

Apples and oranges. There have been countless BB "killers" for good reason. The whole "killer" meme is a bit ridiculous anyway as it assumes that the market will only support one solution and that's definitely not the case.