Best Droid to replace Blackberry: Droid 2 or Droid Pro

fwarren

Reaction score
I have used a Blackberry because of the MS Office compatibility and the MS Outlook Contacts and email capability. I want to switch to either a Droid Pro or Droid 2 (Verizon network). I have almost 3000 contacts with 3 phone numbers, email accounts and remarks. Which Droid would be the best for me to buy that does everything the Blackberry does and gives me Droid smartphone capability.

epiliofunk

Reaction score
I have used a Blackberry because of the MS Office compatibility and the MS Outlook Contacts and email capability. I want to switch to either a Droid Pro or Droid 2 (Verizon network). I have almost 3000 contacts with 3 phone numbers, email accounts and remarks. Which Droid would be the best for me to buy that does everything the Blackberry does and gives me Droid smartphone capability.

Any android phone out there pretty much does everything a blackberry can do. What phone you get all depends on preference. Both Droid 2 and Droid Pro have a keyboard where the X is full touch screen. If I were you I'd wait until the new android phones for verizon come out later this year.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

Any android phone out there pretty much does everything a blackberry can do. What phone you get all depends on preference. Both Droid 2 and Droid Pro have a keyboard where the X is full touch screen. If I were you I'd wait until the new android phones for verizon come out later this year.

I am kinda tired of my OG Droid. I am looking to for another phone. I can careless about 4G. I wonder what 3G phones will verizon bring out

BodyBagz

Reaction score
OP..if the move from BB to Android is going to happen, there is no sense in waiting on new phones to do it. Do it now, the phone that you personally will probably be more accustomed to and have a faster, easier "learning curve", would more than likely be the Droid Pro. The DP was built and designed to compete head-to-head with the BB market for users. Hell, it looks like a BlackBerry for Googles/Motorolas Sakes...:)

The Android Operating System is the same for the most part across the spectrum of phones, but there are some quirks about each phone that is laid directly at the feet of each phone manufacturer, and this is generally the UI.

The Droid Pro is more in line with the BB business class user, so i would opt for it over any other Android based device being offered at this time. Best thing to do is actually go put hands on with one and see what you think about it...

OP
F

fwarren

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks a bunch. I agree about going ahead and replacing it. Will the DP & D2 interface with my work network and update MS Outlook contacts and emails on the company network for my desktop?

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
The Pro does not play well with Exchange. I don't sync contacts, but I do sync my email. The native app sucks - terribly. There is an available app called Touchdown with a 30 day trial ($20 after), but it never worked for me. I finally found a good app that would push my emails called Improved Email. It's free.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I am kinda tired of my OG Droid. I am looking to for another phone. I can careless about 4G. I wonder what 3G phones will verizon bring out

I felt the same way, then I finally rooted. Its like a whole new phone, and I'm now perfectly happy waiting for the real next gen phones (ie, bionic etc)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The Pro does not play well with Exchange. I don't sync contacts, but I do sync my email. The native app sucks - terribly. There is an available app called Touchdown with a 30 day trial ($20 after), but it never worked for me. I finally found a good app that would push my emails called Improved Email. It's free.

Touchdown is by far the best to sync with exchange, it syncs everything down to notes. If you having issues with it, I can assure you it was set up incorrectly.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score

Touchdown is by far the best to sync with exchange, it syncs everything down to notes. If you having issues with it, I can assure you it was set up incorrectly.

Possible, but unlikely since it worked for a while and then stopped.