Fun under the Sun.

droidemere

Reaction score
This is something that has always bugged me, but now during the summer time..It's bugging me more than ever. Why is the screen so hard to see when you're out under the sun on the Motorola droid? I took my screen protector off thinking this was the issue, but it's not. Are all android phones this way?
Does anyone also notice this? I hope this is not something that will continue to happen with the newer android phones..

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They used to be so much worse back in the day... The droid isn't too bad...

OP
droidemere

droidemere

Reaction score
If you think the Droid is bad, just look at the incredible under the sun.

I have a motorola droid...And my screen brightness is all the way up..I have to put my hand over it to be able to see it clearly and bright..I can still see it...but it doesn't look as bright as it does if I were inside somewhere..I've never tried looking at the screen on another Android phone..

Googleaddict

Reaction score
If you think the Droid is bad, just look at the incredible under the sun.

I have a motorola droid...And my screen brightness is all the way up..I have to put my hand over it to be able to see it clearly and bright..I can still see it...but it doesn't look as bright as it does if I were inside somewhere..I've never tried looking at the screen on another Android phone..

Almost any phone will be difficult to read in sunlight. Also, the Incredible DOES have this issue, even more than the Droid because it uses AMOLED technology. If you look at any video comparing LCD and AMOLED screens, the LCD screens do a much better job in direct sunlight.

OP
droidemere

droidemere

Reaction score
Well..before I got the Motorola droid..I had the blackberry 9700..It was real bright, even under the sun..Never had an issue with the screen..oh well...I still like the droid better..Just this screen issue is something that's hard to get used to..I got my droid about 3 months ago.