Droid has dust under screen, should i exchange?

spazma7ik

Reaction score
My 30 days is up in the next few days, and I have some dust under the screen. Now this is really the only problem I have with my droid, so I was wondering if its even worth exchaning for another one or will it just happen again as long as its pocketed? Did motorola fix this problem by chance with newer models?

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
I don't have any dust under my screen and Ive had my Droid since November, so I suggest getting a new one if you can.

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score
I don't have any dust under my screen and Ive had my Droid since November, so I suggest getting a new one if you can.

Do you pocket your droid without puttin it in some sleeve or puch though?

Redls1bird

Reaction score
Its enviornmental. If happened to one phone , its probably going to happen to the next one.

nyijedi

Reaction score
Its enviornmental. If happened to one phone , its probably going to happen to the next one.

It's environmental? I don't follow...

Anyway, to the OP - how much dust is there and how bad is it bothering you? I'll say this much - if it's not that bad, and if everything else with your phone is perfect, I'd live with it if I were you. I wouldn't want to risk getting a replacement phone w/ other/bigger problems. On the other hand, if the dust is really bad and it's driving you crazy, by all means, exchange it.

Guchi

Reaction score
it should not get dust under the screen

K

kkwan77

Environmental as in you live in a constant dust storm? Or a lint bubble? :)

Anyhow I agree with the other chaps, if you pocket your phone - think...pocket lint...goes in from the ear piece.. use a case or sleeve.

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
Do you use a screen protector?
I didn't and keep it in my pocket and when I put protector on there was dust so I just removed that one and got all dust off then put another one on and no more dust.

If you dont have a protector and if 30 days goes up then the dust would be under the glass which would be a manufacturing problem so you could turn it in any time for a new one.

nyijedi

Reaction score

Anyhow I agree with the other chaps, if you pocket your phone - think...pocket lint...goes in from the ear piece.. use a case or sleeve.

I have to disagree with the people telling you that the dust is a result of keeping the phone in your pocket. I've been keeping my phone naked in my pocket since launch, and I've had no dust problems whatsoever.

Another thing to consider - has the dust been there since you got it, or has it been accumulating over time? If it seems like it's accumulating, it will probably keep getting worse. In this case, I'd certainly exchange it.

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score

I have to disagree with the people telling you that the dust is a result of keeping the phone in your pocket. I've been keeping my phone naked in my pocket since launch, and I've had no dust problems whatsoever.

Another thing to consider - has the dust been there since you got it, or has it been accumulating over time? If it seems like it's accumulating, it will probably keep getting worse. In this case, I'd certainly exchange it.

That's the thing, I'm not quite sure if it's been there since the beginning, it's only a few specs, so i'm not sure =\

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Between the glass screen and the LCD there is a seal all the way around , it souldn't allow any dust . The dust from the earpice can't get under the screen because it's isolated . If it's acumulating you probably have a damaged seal .

jkwakopo

Reaction score
Between the glass screen and the LCD there is a seal all the way around , it souldn't allow any dust . The dust from the earpice can't get under the screen because it's isolated . If it's acumulating you probably have a damaged seal .
Well, i used to live in Korea where customer services are top knotch... my old motorola phone had dust in it...I took it to Moto Customer service center in Korea, and they removed all dusts outta there... I also had these gold plated keypads (just like our camera button)and whenever they come off, service center also replaced for free... too bad we don't have that kind of customer service centers where we can just walk in and wait for them to fix... But hey, my gf just got an iphone few weeks ago and guess what!! Iphone doesn't have any insurance/warranty like us so.... $8 per month isn't that much... We all have $600 phone and we have to use it for next 2 years.. get an insurance

anjoga

Reaction score
I've had my Droid for about 2 weeks now, and just found my first speck of dust under the screen. I have the usual 30 days return period, but I bought my Droid through amazon wireless. Should I exchange my phone, or am I going overboard for one speck of dust?

BavarianBuilt

Reaction score
I am scared to death of getting dust under my screen. On my old Moto Q, I had so much dust under the screen that I couldn't see the screen when I was sun light. For my Droid, I use a screen protector and hard case. I also turn my pocket inside out every morning and use a lint roller on it. It's been about six weeks now and no dust issues yet. *crosses fingers*