Lint under glass

Darkseider

Reaction score
I just noticed this last night and although minor it's there and it bugs me because I know it is there. In the upper left corner of the screen there is a little bit of very small lint under the glass. Does anyone have any clue how I can get it out?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i hate that too... that happened to me with a watch i had once and it bugged the heck out of me... i'd take it apart, clean it, put it back together, and there'd be something else - it was an endless cycle :)

OP
Darkseider

Darkseider

Reaction score
i hate that too... that happened to me with a watch i had once and it bugged the heck out of me... i'd take it apart, clean it, put it back together, and there'd be something else - it was an endless cycle :)

Rest assured I will not be taking my Droid apart for some lint. Was wondering if there was a less intrusive way of removing it.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score

Rest assured I will not be taking my Droid apart for some lint. Was wondering if there was a less intrusive way of removing it.

Nope.

It sticks to the surface it touches.

OP
Darkseider

Darkseider

Reaction score
Damnit. Was hoping to figure out how the hell it got in there and maybe give it a blast of low pressure air or possibly using a small vacuum tip to suck it out.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Damnit. Was hoping to figure out how the hell it got in there and maybe give it a blast of low pressure air or possibly using a small vacuum tip to suck it out.

Blast of air will do nothing that help push more dust in....
Try the Vacuum.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you get dirt under your lens and it's bugging you you can turn it in for a replacement. It is covered by warranty. I recommend you do this via phone instead of a Verizon store so you don't get hassled.

OP
Darkseider

Darkseider

Reaction score

Blast of air will do nothing that help push more dust in....
Try the Vacuum.

Alright vacuum it is but the question I have is WHERE? I cannot for the life of me find where the hell it came in from.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Been stuck with a white spec under my Droids glass since launch. Its in the upper right hand corner, about where the notification bars clock is at. Dont notice it unless the screen is off.

vthokies1996

Reaction score
If you get dirt under your lens and it's bugging you you can turn it in for a replacement. It is covered by warranty. I recommend you do this via phone instead of a Verizon store so you don't get hassled.

Can definitely attest to that. About 6 weeks after getting my Droid went into the store and spoke with their resident Tech about dust under the glass.

He asked if I had tried cleaning it with a cloth. I asked him what would that accomplish since the dust is UNDER the glass. He took out his eyeglass pouch and tried cleaning. Then looked at it and said, "Well, its not a big deal." I said its not your phone, and to me it is a big deal.

Then he said he could hardly see it. Spoke with the manager, who had someone else look at it and said yes there is dust, but its not covered under warranty. They had never seen it before and noted my acct, told me they would call if they discover dust under glass is covered.

That was in April. Friday, after getting fed up that I now have even more dust, called *611. Explained the situation about the dust, how the tech said it wasnt a big deal. CSR processed a replacement and apologized for the actions of the tech at the store. Said it is covered under warranty. Replacement will arrive today.

Definitely call, the entire call took under 5 minutes. At least 1 of which was spent on hold.

rshackleford

Reaction score
I can also confirm that the dust under the glass is a defect covered under warranty. I called yesterday and they asked me to take it to a store so they can verify that there was no physical damage to the phone. They said if there is physical damage it will be an insurance claim that was subject to my deductible. If they determined there was no physical damage, then they would replace it under warranty.
I went to the store and they spent 5 secs examining my phone and then they said, "no damage". He then went ahead and completed the order and said your replacement phone will be at your house in 2 days. They didn't have a spare in the store so he completed the order and said the replacement phone will be at your house in 2 days.
I have 10 business days to send back the old phone which means I have plenty of time to move my configuration to the new phone, etc...