Froyo has no Alarm Clock shortcut? Help!

joggy

Reaction score
The missing alarm clock shortcut bugged me too, so I made an app to put the shortcut back in the application drawer. One-click install, no worries.

You can install it from here
Or just read about it here

If you like it, please be sure to buy the donate version here!

Awesome. Bought the donate version and use it with Clockr. Thanks!

opello

Reaction score
Code:
#Intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;launchFlags=0x10200000;component=com.android.alarmclock/.AlarmClock;end

Thanks for the tip. I recently did a factory reset and of course, lost my precious Alarms shortcut. Given your tip and the 'psneuter' I was able to recreate it by 'adb pull'ing the launcher.db and editing it with the sqlite3 command line tool:
Code:
sqlite> update favorites set intent='#Intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;launchFlags=0x10200000component=com.google.android.deskclock/com.android.deskclock.AlarmClock;end' where _id=18;
(mine just happened to be _id=18, I wouldn't imagine most others' would be the same... so probably best not to copy/paste the whole query and expect it to work)

Anyway, I'm mainly posting to say that the intent component field should be com.google.android.deskclock/com.android.deskclock.AlarmClock in 2.2.1 FRG83D. Also worth noting is that in 2.2.1 the regular 'Clock' component is com.google.android.deskclock/com.android.deskclock.DeskClock. Also sorry for digging up such an old post, but I didn't find the information elsewhere.