Any Alarm Clock Suggestions?

DiscoStu65

Reaction score
I've upgraded to the Droid Eris from a LG Envy. On my Envy, I could set pretty much any ringtone to be my alarm. On the basic clock that came with the droid, I can only choose from a few different "alarm" sounds.

I generally wake up in a much better mood when the alarm is set to a song rather than alarm sound. Haven't had much luck searching "alarm clock" in the market. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

RoLa

Reaction score
I use Klaxon...It's a ClockworkMod, it's 2 bucks and it has never failed me....My boss would freak if I was late.:) You get what you pay for

Crippler

Reaction score
I use Gentle Alarm. It isnt a free app, but it's one of the best I found.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you create a directory called alarms on your SD card then any sound, song, etc you put in there should be selectable in the alarm clock. At least on the Droid. I assume the Eris is the same.

dino98

Reaction score
If you download Handcent SMS (free from the market) it allows you to pick any song from your SD card as your alarm. Plus it's an awesome SMS app, extremely customizable and much better than the included messaging interface IMO.

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
I use App Alarm Pro. It starts Pandora for me. I love how I can set different times for different days.

OP
DiscoStu65

DiscoStu65

Reaction score
If you download Handcent SMS (free from the market) it allows you to pick any song from your SD card as your alarm. Plus it's an awesome SMS app, extremely customizable and much better than the included messaging interface IMO.

I've been reading up on this today and it looks like this is the next app I'll be downloading.

Thanks for the info. This is my first "smart phone" and I'm wondering how I was able to manage without one!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you create a directory called alarms on your SD card then any sound, song, etc you put in there should be selectable in the alarm clock. At least on the Droid. I assume the Eris is the same.
Should be the same on the Eris. This is precisely what I did.

Maybe I'm missing something but how does Handcent have anything to do with the alarm clock?

dino98

Reaction score
It's a new option that just became available in Handcent's latest update. You can now assign your music as a ringtone to individuals when they text you so I guess Handcent figured they would give you the option when you set an alarm. I used it this morning, works perfectly.

Pagey33

Reaction score
It's a new option that just became available in Handcent's latest update. You can now assign your music as a ringtone to individuals when they text you so I guess Handcent figured they would give you the option when you set an alarm. I used it this morning, works perfectly.

How do we get to that in Handcent?
i can't seem to find it.

Reaction score
I want the ability to select a random song from a playlist or even my whole library. It's boring waking up to the same song every day :)

Leerides

Reaction score

I did this on my Droid and it worked great! Now I wake up to Everlong by the Foo Fighters, rather than that god awful rooster! Thanks for posting this tip!

OP
DiscoStu65

DiscoStu65

Reaction score
I've been waking up to Bob's bend down low and it instantly puts a smile on my face.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'm digging this Handcent app

zanadu

Reaction score
Would you mind giving me details on how to create a directory for alarms on my SD card...I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

rcfx

Reaction score
Here is the directory structure for your alarms, ringtones, and notifications.

Root of sdcard make a Directory called Media.
Inside Media Directory make one called Audio.
Inside Audio Directory make these 3: Alarms
Notifications
Ringtones