froyo hangout thread all discussions welcomed

SparkyXI

Reaction score
No luck in St Paul, MN. Let me check again: nope. Once more? Still nope. :icon_ goofy:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have the 2.2, and yesterday a couple buddies put it on their device. Im froyo all the way.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its the one p3droid put out a few weeks ago.

khelek

Reaction score
I was hoping to have this all out of the way this morning -- I checked obsessively throughout the night in the hopes that I could go ahead and get it on my phone and then not worry with it all day.

Guess I'm forced to worry with it all day.

I'm not sure which is better, waiting on staggered OTA rollouts or the way other phones do it, where you have a bunch of people hitting servers all at the same time....

Our advantage is, when someone *does* get it and knows enough to save it off and put it up somewhere, then we can all get it...

If I do get it, I'll put it in my public space in Dropbox....

SparkyXI

Reaction score
I was hoping to have this all out of the way this morning -- I checked obsessively throughout the night in the hopes that I could go ahead and get it on my phone and then not worry with it all day.

Guess I'm forced to worry with it all day.

I'm not sure which is better, waiting on staggered OTA rollouts or the way other phones do it, where you have a bunch of people hitting servers all at the same time....

Our advantage is, when someone *does* get it and knows enough to save it off and put it up somewhere, then we can all get it...

If I do get it, I'll put it in my public space in Dropbox....

I'll be posting as well if I get it. I think I need to get a Dropbox account.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
being that more people are rooted, we prob not gonna have as many (at least not as many when 2.1 was released) getting the ota to copy the zip.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Sure does. Either you wont get the notice at all or if you do and accept it the install will fail.

Sent from my Droid

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sure does. Either you wont get the notice at all or if you do and accept it the install will fail.

Sent from my Droid

According to Koush it will fail through clockwork as well:
Only test signed images work if using the autoupdate mechanism. The official OTAs use release/privately signed zips. So yes, it will fail to install.

personally I use sprecovery so I can not confirm that. But he developed the recovery image so he is the expert on how it will work.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Sent from my Droid

Only test signed images work if using the autoupdate mechanism. The official OTAs use release/privately signed zips. So yes, it will fail to install.

personally I use sprecovery so I can not confirm that. But he developed the recovery image so he is the expert on how it will work.

fails on SPRecovery as well..........

SparkyXI

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Eeek. And I thought taking advantage of the "One Click Root" app that just came out would be a good thing. Ugh.

Now to find a one click unroot app. :icon_eek:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

fails on SPRecovery as well..........
That's exactly what I want. Failure. :D

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
why... before you unrrot. power of/ power on while holding x andd tell me what u see. (unless you want the ota).