froyo hangout thread all discussions welcomed

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok I asked in another thread that go locked. If my Droid isn't activated will I still be able to do the "official" OTA update via wifi or will I not get any kind of notification that it is even available.

I could be wrong here but I seem to remember Hookbill saying something in another thread about making sure you are on a wifi network and the phone will update.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For anyone updating to 2.2 ( via any means, ROM's OTA, manually) if you run into the issue where certain apps force close it is because they are not made for 2.2. You can either wait for an update or get a ROM like UD 7.0 that will (if you select it in the settings) trick the app into thinking the phone isn't 2.2.

Just an FYI for off topic 2.2

steeplecab

Reaction score
Anyone receive the OTA update last night or this morning....or was lst night a quite night by Verizon just to make sure the "small" OTA went well???

I got the automagic update this morning about 1:00 AM. The information on the upgrade I got is:
Android version:
Baseband version:
C_01.43.01P
Kernel version:
2.6.32.9-g103d848
android-build@apa26#1
Build number:
FRG01B

Note different build number. Wassup with that?

Now I need to upload the Flash player.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
i received 2.2 ota update today aroung like 10.00am. i have had 2.2 running for about 3 weeks now already and rooted. im sure this is a noob question but if i hit install for this 2.2 ota will it take away my root? ive been hitting install later but the notification will not go away and im afraid that if i hit install that its going to wipe my phone. i read somewhere else that it will just say install failed. can anyone comfirm this? or anyone have suggestions?