froyo hangout thread all discussions welcomed

Reaction score
Why are you guys waiting for a gimped 2.2 when there's plenty of wonderful ROMs to install already! :)

SparkyXI

Reaction score
I get the Caution icon (! in the triangle). I wouldn't mind the OTA, but would be happier to just apply the 2.2 update.zip file when someone posts it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why are you guys waiting for a gimped 2.2 when there's plenty of wonderful ROMs to install already! :)

Because some people don't want to root their phones and void their warranty. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I wouldn't install any custom ROM in my Droid ever. I am rooted though. Well once I had Droidmod but that was in the early days.

SkullOne

Reaction score

Because then we get custom ROM's built off the real thing instead of leaked early builds. ;)

Minor bug fixes. More optimized code etc. That's why we want it all so badly. ;)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
why... before you unrrot. power of/ power on while holding x andd tell me what u see. (unless you want the ota).

I don't want the OTA….SPRecovery is going to block it after I accept it.

Which is why I want failure.;)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I get the Caution icon (! in the triangle). I wouldn't mind the OTA, but would be happier to just apply the 2.2 update.zip file when someone posts it.

On the top did it say sp recovery 99.3b

or clockwork.

if not then you are ok because it should pass. If you are that worried either unroot or use rsdlite.

SparkyXI

Reaction score

or clockwork.

if not then you are ok because it should pass. If you are that worried either unroot or use rsdlite.

At the top of that screen? All I had was the icon. No text.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
About to unroot my phone go to 2.1-update and wait for froyo ..... can't wait dancedroid

But…why????? I mean I guess there are a couple bells and whistles but many apps won't work unless you are rooted. And to the best of my knowledge 2.2 has not been rooted. At least not the version that's coming out of Verizon.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

or clockwork.

At the top of that screen? All I had was the icon. No text.

then you should get the ota

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
About to unroot my phone go to 2.1-update and wait for froyo ..... can't wait dancedroid

But…why????? I mean I guess there are a couple bells and whistles but many apps won't work unless you are rooted. And to the best of my knowledge 2.2 has not been rooted. At least not the version that's coming out of Verizon.

Some people dont want to be rooted. And some people jus want to be apart of the update mania. They have to be a part of the game of "I got it". So people love the thrill in that.
Personally I think the cvpcs crew gonna have something for sapphire users so they can get they can have their own update mania.dancedroid

Hewhois

Reaction score
Whatever happened to getting Flash for the Droid 1?

Hi,

Will this new 2.2 update include Flash for the Droid?

c0y0te

Reaction score
Do we have confirmation that the official update is FRG01B?

Moondonkey

Reaction score
This week, maybe as soon as today. Verizon has confirmed the 2.2 OTA is coming with Flash.

Those of us with rooted phones have had it for months. It is cool