Frequent called numbers

nbucko

Reaction score
nbucko, you are my hero. I had been looking for this countless times on every forum I know, ever since I got my Galaxy Nexus and was almost hopeless. Thank you!!

Anything to keep a fellow forum member out of the doghouse....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

rfenergee

Reaction score
FYI - I too found this very annoying and spoke with Samsung and they told me I cannot erase "frequently called" numbers log. Though I have spoken with several other Gnxs users and if you make the phone non-stock (root), I'm told this can be changed.

I haven't tried it, but the app above, 1-Click Cleaner, sounds like it might be the answer. Thanks for that!

I tried all the above. Tried the concept of going into data storage and clearing contacts then reinstalling. That one was the only one that worked. I think that is too much to go through. I too contacted Samsung and basically got the same story. Nothing. I had that issue along with the issue of using the email and when it got sent to the receiver......it would display a bunch of symbols like ampersands, pound symbol, etc whenever I used an apostrophe on a word. Samsung again gave me a fruitful answer.......nothing. I had a problem with the touchscreen also......would try and get into my voice mail and a recording would tell me it wasn't in their records.......I went around and around with that for a couple of days. (verizon).
I went through having strong signal when suddenly.........signal gone! very frustrating!
Also in email......typically I see the thread in an email after I send it and then go back to the email in my sent file. I can see what someone sent.......and my response. In my Galaxy Nexus..........it would only show my response to a reply. I asked Samsung about that..........again.........no answer. Just gibberish and making excuses. I am definitely NOT pleased with this product. I thought it would be a good thing but so far.......the bad is outweighing the good.
That's my experience thus far.
Oh yeah! Samsung called me tonight......asked me how I rate the help I got............1 thru 5 (5 the highest). Being as they gave me no solutions..........that got my number one. low. Everyone was cordial enough.....but no answers......no followups.......no we'll see what we can do.............the loudest excuse being, "well....not all phones work the same". My though........(sarcastically)...."Oh! Really??!!" "I didn't know that!!!" :blink: I'm not happy so far with answers to dilemma's. :frown:

Khaki

Reaction score
Frequently Called number parameters

Does any know what the parameters are for adding numbers to the Frequently Called list? So far this Galaxy Nexus has been a great phone, but I agree the Frequently Called List is a pain in the necks since it cannot be easily erased or have the parameters modified as to what numbers are included in the list. For instance, my list is up to 20 numbers now after 2 weeks of using this phone and 3/4 of the numbers are ones that I've dialed only one time or half of these were 1 second misdials. So this list is already useless and is hardly a group of frequently dialed numbers. Also you have to tediously scroll through this entire list by sliding your finger over the screen several times before you get to the main contact list where the alphabet shows up during the scroll - a real pain! I hope and app or SW fix shows up soon! Khaki