Free Visual Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir

Reaction score
Using Google Voice, you can set the phone to reroute voicemail to Google Voice, which has visual voicemail. Save yourself 3$ a month. Also noticed that if you have the SMS Popup, it will popup the voicemail notification with the speech-to-text for you!

J

JohnDroid

Using Google Voice, you can set the phone to reroute voicemail to Google Voice, which has visual voicemail. Save yourself 3$ a month. Also noticed that if you have the SMS Popup, it will popup the voicemail notification with the speech-to-text for you!

I've got Google Voice installed on my phone but when I go to Call Settings and select Voicemail Service, "My Carrier" is the only option available?

OP
sir

sir

Reaction score
Right. If you log into your Google Voice account via the web,and go to Settings, you can enable Voicemail on your phone via a link. It'll then tell you to dial *71<your phone number> to set it up. Once you've done that, when someone calls your real phone number and you don't pick up, it will redirect to google voice and ring once and then ask them to leave a voicemail. It'll then show up in Google Voice's visual voicemail and not in the Verizon one.

Status
Not open for further replies.