text message visual voicemail alert

mwfloors

Reaction score
You have 1 unheard Visual Voice Mail messages. Please select the Visual VM icon to reinstall. Free Message from Verizon Wireless.

I keep getting this message as a text message when I get a new voicemail. I cannot reinstall my visual Voicemail. I am not getting standard alerts in my notifications either. Any ideas before I waste an hour with Verizon?

mw

oneniner

Reaction score
You have 1 unheard Visual Voice Mail messages. Please select the Visual VM icon to reinstall. Free Message from Verizon Wireless.

I keep getting this message as a text message when I get a new voicemail. I cannot reinstall my visual Voicemail. I am not getting standard alerts in my notifications either. Any ideas before I waste an hour with Verizon?

mw

I'm having the same issue on a Droid 4, but didn't know if it was supposed to do that or not. I'd be interested to see what you find out.

I activated the service from the phone, then had problems and had to activate it from the website. Its on a business acct too, if any of that is related to yours.

dvorakce

Reaction score
I was having the same issue on my Droid 4. After 40 minutes on the phone with Verizon Tech Support, we determined that the issue on my phone at least was with the Handcent SMS app. I had to uninstall the app for the VM application to function correctly. The issue is that Verizon sends the phone a system text message indicating the specifics for the VM app to recognize as to whether or not there is a new voicemail following the phone call which was unanswered. If there is a new voicemail, the app will make its icon appear in the status bar. Handcent SMS is intercepting that system text message before the VM app gets it, hence the text message you are getting. If you are using Handcent SMS, uninstall the app and your VM app should work correctly. If you are using another SMS app, I would recommend uninstalling it to determine if that app is causing the same issue that Handcent SMS was on my phone.

oneniner

Reaction score
I was having the same issue on my Droid 4. After 40 minutes on the phone with Verizon Tech Support, we determined that the issue on my phone at least was with the Handcent SMS app. I had to uninstall the app for the VM application to function correctly. The issue is that Verizon sends the phone a system text message indicating the specifics for the VM app to recognize as to whether or not there is a new voicemail following the phone call which was unanswered. If there is a new voicemail, the app will make its icon appear in the status bar. Handcent SMS is intercepting that system text message before the VM app gets it, hence the text message you are getting. If you are using Handcent SMS, uninstall the app and your VM app should work correctly. If you are using another SMS app, I would recommend uninstalling it to determine if that app is causing the same issue that Handcent SMS was on my phone.

Thanks, I do have Handcent installed. I'll give that a try. The only reason I was using Handcent was for widget notifications. So now I need to find something else for that. It's always something. Thanks again.