Voicemail icon not showing up

ToyBoy

Reaction score
I've searched the forum and haven't found this problem posted already. Whenever I get a voicemail I get the text message icon in the status bar, not the VM icon. The text is always the same, "Free Message from Verizon Wireless. Log into the Visual Voice mail application on your phone or dial *86 to retrieve voicemail." I haven't set up the visual voicemail app (and don't want to) and I'm not running google voice either. I just want to get my regular notifcation and not a text message from Verizon all the time.

Thanks

OP
ToyBoy

ToyBoy

Reaction score
Seriously?
Right above the "Threads in Forum" heading.
There is a button "New Thread"

Twix

Reaction score
Voicemail Icon

You are having better luck than I have. Since switching to Verizon from att and getting a Droid, I have yet to get a voicemail icon. People leave messages, but the icon never appears to tell me I got one. I have to check when ever I see a missed call. Very annoying. I called Verizon, they just keep telling me to reset the phone, which I have done. Doesn't work. I am also not running visual voice.

But I think the issue is with the carrier and not the Android software. Something happened I think when I switch over from att.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Try this, call voicemail, push 4 for personal options, push 1 for "turn notification on or off." See if that does it.

Last edited:

rcsteve86

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem! I keep getting the text message to log in to visual voicemail.....

djluce

Reaction score
Voice Mail notification

I've call Customer service 5 times and Tech support 4 times and followed all their directions ie reboot, reinstall software, resend software, and even got a new phone. Nothing has helped get the VM notification icon when a VM is left. I also don't get TM icon. I do recieve both but no icon is displayed. Any suggestions?

bea

Reaction score
call voicemail, push 4 for personal options, push 1 for "turn notification on or off."

I had my phone for several weeks and never knew I had messages. I would get the missed call icon but nothing else. The above solution fixed the problem.

Quick6669

Reaction score
Notifications not turned on in voicemail

call voicemail, push 4 for personal options, push 1 for "turn notification on or off."

I had my phone for several weeks and never knew I had messages. I would get the missed call icon but nothing else. The above solution fixed the problem.

I believe that is specific to Verizon. I have a Samsung Galaxy Rush on Boost Mobile. My voicemail icon on the status bar was not showing. The notifications were off for voicemail. I had to go into the application manager, voicemail, and check off notifications.