VZW VISUAL VOICEMAIL VS GOOGLE VOICE (& Where is it?)

GenieAngel

Reaction score
I signed up for visual voice, unaware of google voice. Are the two apps different? Is VV nicer than GV?

Why would Verizon offer a $3/month app if there is something equal to it for free?

Also, how do I get into VZW visual voicemail? Can't find the button anywhere.

xandor

Reaction score
You have to download the app from the market. For Google voice, it's easier to do it using a computer before getting the app.

I like Google voice because I can listen to my voicemails via a browser and even have it texted to me. The translation is usually wrong, so it's sometimes funny to see what it comes up with.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I say give it a try. I enjoy and put my family all on it, and they have zero complaints.

I don't think I'd use it if I didn't have an android phone though. The app IMO is essential for phone use, and I can't imagine using it without it.

kooshie

Reaction score
I tried google voice & didn't care for it, there always seemed to be quite a big delay. I had the verizon visual voice mail & liked it & all the options but I use my wifi all the time & it won't work while on wifi.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
G

GenieAngel

Reaction score
Thanks, maybe I'll give both a try. Where do I find the visual voicemail on the nexus? I don't know where to look. I've checked all the menus.