Freaking keyboard..

drunkclever

Reaction score
Rooted liberty .596
All the goodies..

I start typing and when I use the space bar.. And only when I use the space bar.. I loose the keyboard.. And other random stuff... The keyboard disappears.. The words dissappear.. Random periods.. So I searched.. Came up with turning off word prediction.. And doing a hard reset... So I did the hard reset.. Problem still there.. So I turned off word predition.. Problem still there.. Did a hard reset.. Problem still there..
Very upsetting. The thing is it only happeneds when I press the space bar.

Suggestions???

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

slngsht

Reaction score
Subscribed to this thread. It sounds like I'm having the same issues with a few more annoying symptoms, which started a couple days ago. I haven't disabled word prediction nor have I done a hard reset. I'm running leaked 2.3.3 version 4.5.588.MB810.Verizon.en.US NOT rooted.

When I hit the space bar, it freezes for a second, then the keyboard will go away and I have to bring it up again. After this, it won't show what I'm typing. If I select a word using word prediction, it will still freak out and the keyboard will go away. When I get the keyboard back, it won't show what I'm typing, but will display random periods, spaces and dashes.

Sounds like we may have something installed that's causing the issues. Here's what I have:

Adobe Flash
Air Horn!
Amazon.com
Android Booster / Performance
Android System Info
Angry Birds Seasons
Anti-Virus Free (AVG)
Bump
Colornote Notepad Notes
Droid Forums
Dropbox
Facebook for Android
Firefox
Flashlight zaphrox
GEICO BroStache
Ghost Radar
Gmail
Google Books
Google Goggles
Google Maps
Google Voice
Google Music
My Verizon
Netflix
Newegg Mobile
Official Ebay Android App
Onion News Network
Opera Mini web browser
Pandora internet radio
Paper Toss
Photobucket Mobile
Radar Now!
Shazam
ShopSavvy Barcode Scanner
SoundCloud
Spotify
Star Wars Light Saber
StumbleUpon
The Official Young Turks App
The Weather Channel
TV.com
USA TV Droid
Voice Search
Winamp
Youtube

11bravo

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with mine. One way to solve the problem is to just download the gingerbread keyboard from the app market and install it by going to your settings/language &keyboard/ and select "gingerbread keyboard. I did that while running stock gingerbread. I am now running the rooted gb and I have not been having any problems with the original keyboard. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

S

seek02771

I was having the same problem with mine. One way to solve the problem is to just download the gingerbread keyboard from the app market and install it by going to your settings/language &keyboard/ and select "gingerbread keyboard. I did that while running stock gingerbread. I am now running the rooted gb and I have not been having any problems with the original keyboard. Hope this helps.

That didn't work for me. I downloaded the gingerbread keyboard and experienced the same issues so I cleared the data using the instructions above and it seems to have resolved it (of course, I've only sent two texts so far).

JulieS13

Reaction score
Follow the link that Slngsht posted, it works!!! I was at Verizon today looking to buy a new phone, I had had it with this keyboard issue! After clearing the data from the "multi-touch" keyboard, problem completely solved!! Thanks Slngsht!!

Sent from my DROIDX

cjwilson

Reaction score
I was having the same issue on my Droid 2. Using the physical keyboard or the virtual one, when I would hit the space bar I'd have the same symptoms described by slngsht. After clearing the data from the multi-touch keyboard though it seems to be working. Have sent multiple emails and texts now, using both physical and virtual keyboard and no more issues.

"Try settings/application/manage applications/all...then locate multi-touch keyboard...clear data, reboot phone. You should be ok after that."

Murphy47

Reaction score
Was told by verizon last nite that before u do the above u must go to privacy settings and uncheck "back up apps to google servers" or problem will come back. Tried it. Mine working so far.