Keyboard :(

skltr21

Reaction score
How do I disable the stock keyboard in order to use a custom keyboard???

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Better Keyboard version?

What is the difference between Better Keyboard 7 and Better Keyboard 8?

skltr21

Reaction score
How do I disable the stock keyboard in order to use a custom keyboard???

Just press and hold in the place where you type words and choose: Input Method and choose your new keyboard. That's how you change keyboards on this phone (unlike the OG Droid).

Awesome. Thanks for the tip! I was getting so frustrated that it wasnt switching.

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I really dislike the onscreen keyboards... Their is just something about it trying to predict what im saying that makes me mad. When i have it on the words are always wrong and i cant seem to type but look at the predictions which is way slow. When its off i just get frustrated and popout the keyboard. I can honestly say this is why i love my D1....Dx would kill my social life just for the fact of me not being able to use an onscreen keyboard. :D

I hear ya. I was like that too. I just started using swype two months ago. My bff made me lol. She said our next phone wouldn't have a physical keyboard. We like making themes together. That's why we need the same phone.

I hated it so much at first lol. But now I'm actually getting pretty good at it :). So practice makes perfect. I also themed my swype which made me more inclined to use. LOL

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I finally gave in and got smart keyboard. I like it so far. Though I do like the arrow keys from the htc keyboard. That possible?

Long click the '?123' key to get to options, go to gestures, click swipe left, enable 'Toggle arrow keypad'.

When you open the keyboard swipe the keys to the left quickly (may take a few tries to get the hang of it).

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
I was thinking about going from my Fascinate to the Thunder Bolt and I've been curious about the keyboard. With the Fascinate, swype comes stock though I haven't used it much since rooting as the Samsung keyboard is better in my opinion. What keyboards come with the Thunder Bolt? Sorry to get off topic but this thread has been most appealing in this aspect.

Sent from my SC 2.9.2 VA Green themed Fascinate using DroidForums App

alboboy10

Reaction score
The only keyboard with TB is the HTC one. No Swype.

BTW, for anyone who has tried swype beta on the thunderbolt, do your words automatically get spaced and capitalized when they should be? Mine don't.

xcoryedgex

Reaction score

BTW, for anyone who has tried swype beta on the thunderbolt, do your words automatically get spaced and capitalized when they should be? Mine don't.

Thank you for the info.

Sent from my SC 2.9.2 VA Green themed Fascinate using DroidForums App

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

change to the android keyboard then back to swype again.

sir2545

Reaction score
The problem I'm having with the Thunderbolt Keyboard is the multi-touch. I type 180+wpm on a keyboard, and I'm pretty fast on the phone. The Droid 1 couldn't keep up, but now the Thunderbolt is thinking I'm hitting two keys at once and won't process one of them. Blah! :p

This is the same issue I am having, in particular words like the, you, there, they.......I get he,oh, here, by instead. What could be causing this?

Sent from my Thunderbolt