Recommendations for a good keyboard app?

PackManMVP

Reaction score
SwiftKey just released their update to the public. Search the market for SwiftKey X Beta. It's pretty much crazy awesome.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

TheRockSays

Reaction score
I left swype for FlexT9 and love it

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

1android

Reaction score
SwiftKey just released their update to the public. Search the market for SwiftKey X Beta. It's pretty much crazy awesome.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

I installed early this morning and I like the layout. I feel as if I can type faster with much less errors.

so far I really do like!

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I'm hopeless without SwiftKey. Best. Keyboard. Ever.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
SwiftKey reads my mind. Sometimes I think to myself, "am I really that predictable?!"

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Natey2

Reaction score
FlexT9. But to conserve battery, use the stock keyboard. All this swiping and tracing spikes the CPU.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Last edited:

PikaCane

Reaction score
The paid version of the Gingerbread keyboard does have cursor keys. I've tried SwiftKey, and it always seems to suggest something that's almost but not quite the word I really wanted, but close enough that I just pick it anyways. Then I read the entire text/whatever, and it sounds like someone else wrote it.

I want to hybridize Swype and flexT9. I miss the sliding punctuation from Swype, but hate the "wait! you added this word! if you missed it the last ten thousand times, here's how to remove it if you didn't want it" popup. Plus, trying to go back and correct a word conflicts with the HTC cut/copy suggestions when you highlight. Right now I'm just using the Gingerbread keyboard, but its autocorrect is very, very good, so I can just type quickly and it usually gets it right for me. It also has space to autocomplete.

And I know it's my running joke, but I still have 8pen hanging around, and do use it sporadically.