weird texting problem!?!?

omarch

Reaction score
It just started randomly but everytime I want to text after I type a word or two in and press space the key board goes away. It also lags when i type and erase, it made it so hard to text I just stopped. I don't know what happened I did get the update.

Last edited:

tatuud

Reaction score
go to settings/applications/manage applications/all...locate multi-touch keyboard, clear data/cache...reboot the phone and you should be good to go. You will have to reset any ringtone you had for texting but the keyboard will work fine after that.

Reaction score
Sorry for bringing up an old post but I wanted to thank them both for this post. My brother's Droid X was doing the same thing and it fixed it for him. Thanks again.

slipshot007

Reaction score
Space bar issue

Tried this fix and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the info.

I'm so sick of calling Verizon. All they ever want to do is a 'master reset' on the phone. They tell you the same thing every time:

1. Pull the battery.
...oh... that didn't work? ok...
2. Dial *228....
...oh, that didn't work either? ok...
3. Let's do a master reset. Everything will be saved...

Eff them! got a stomach ache? Ok, let's just pull out your stomach to fix the problem...... Jesus.

slipshot007

Reaction score
Tried this fix and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the info.

I'm so sick of calling Verizon. All they ever want to do is a 'master reset' on the phone. They tell you the same thing every time:

1. Pull the battery.
...oh... that didn't work? ok...
2. Dial *228....
...oh, that didn't work either? ok...
3. Let's do a master reset. Everything will be saved...

Eff them! got a stomach ache? Ok, let's just pull out your stomach to fix the problem...... Jesus.